+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks everyone, for all the support I am really going to need it.

I'm so sorry, paridy. What a horrible time for you and your family to be going through. We're all here for you.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

paridy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. That's awful. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you, your dad and all your loved ones. Hang in there.

onei0091 and Paridy - you are both in my thoughts.

buglover - I'm thinking of you too and know that soon everything will be the way you want it.

MRD

Paridy,
    I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. I join the ranks of those that lost a parent to cancer and only found out not long before they passed.

If you need anything, we are all here for you.

Can I just say that hospice is a WONDERFUL organization that not only helps the patient, but also the family. I don't know how any of us would have gotten through it without hospice. They were available for counseling for me and my daughter, before and for a year afterwards. They treated my mom like a QUEEN and made her last weeks so much better than I can ever, ever explain. They made her last weeks better and easier on the family as well.
    It is a wonderful organization that I cannot say enough good things about.

My heart goes out to you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

paridy, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and your family. I agree with MRD that Hospice is a wonderful experience.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I agree about hospice. When my father passed away, he wasn't alone. His hospice nurse was there with him. That comforted all of us to a certain point because we weren't there at that moment. Hospice nurses also are uncanny in knowing when a patient might pass. My dad was put under 24-hour hospice care about 6 days before he passed. A team of 3 or 4 hospice nurses were there with him to talk to and take care of him. When family can't be there around the clock, it's comforting to know that your loved one had all the attention he needed and deserved.

paridy, I was thinking about this last night. If you father is still able to talk and such, please spend as much time as you can talking with him. The last 2 days of my mother's life she was not awake. She was in and out of consciousness and there were so many things I wanted to say to her. I did talk to her but I never got a response other than the last evening before she passed. She woke up but didn't open her eyes. I kissed her and climbed into the bed with her to hold her. She had already had 2 surgeries so I had to be very careful not to hurt her but I layed with her for hours talking to her. I know she could hear me but she really didn't respond coherently. The last thing I said to my mother before I left to go to sleep was I loved her so much and that no matter what hardships we had as I was growing up or what mistakes she made as a mother I loved her with all my heart and soul and would never take back our life together. She nodded her head and whispered I love you. That memory helps me so much during my bouts of grief. I'm thinking about you paridy and holding you from here.
    Yup, with donuts!!

You're in my thoughts and prayers paridy. I'm so sorry about your news. I lost my father two years ago while I was in Africa and unable to return in time. PM me if you wish.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3182939;
    I received some horrible news today, my dad's prostate cancer has spread to his bones. The doctors say he only has a few weeks to live. Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks.
    Oh, sweetie, you have my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread