+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1559Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3180490;
    . . . they are the only bras I have had a problem with and they are also the only ones that have Made In China on the label. . .
    What a shock that the Chinese would engage in deceit and the use of low-quality goods! (But I'll bet those bras are pretty . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Well, I finally was ready. I bought my son's gravestone today. It'll be ready in about 6 weeks. I also didn't realize it was going to hit me so hard. I sat here at work, turned the closed sign on, and blubbered like a baby. I know time heals and all that stuff, but I keep waiting for "time" to get here. When can I go a week, two weeks without crying. I can occasionally talk about him without crying, but I want to be able to tell the funny stories without crying. The ones that tell about how truly funny and fun he was. And how he and his brothers used to drive me up the tree when they were little and how they three decided the week and 1/2 before my youngest went into the Marine Corps that they were going to buy a camera and do a road trip out west and film themselves been crazy and jumping off Grand Canyon (not really-it was just a ledge) and talking into the camera when they were jumping. The stuff that makes your hair go white! And taking the time to see Mount Rushmore, get there, step out of the car, look at the distant Mount Rushmore, and get back in the car because they'd "seen it". Matt telling me he and his friends had split a beer when they were 20 and that's why he didn't feel right taking the $1000 bribe from me-he only deserved $750. He was too honest. Laughing with glee because he'd killed the most on the James Bond game. Having straight-laced friends; "goth buds", differently colored hair/tattoos/body piercing friends,...and all of them telling me what a friend he was. Calling me when he finished reading the latest Harry Potter because he really loved/hated the ending (depending on which book it was). I miss him calling me and leaving silly messages on my cell phone (mom, how do you expect me to wish you a happy valentine'd day if you won't answer your phone?! Happy Valentine's Day, Mom. I love you). I had a bad week...I didn't really expect to. I wasn't prepared for this. Thank you for letting me share.

Major major hugs to you famita. He sounds like a wonderful son and I'm glad you have great memories. Losing them young is just so wrong.

tomorrow is the first anniversary of my mom's passing - just not sure what to expect from myself.

Awww, Famita. Major, major hugs to you.

Oh famita a BIG HUG from me. Schmoo2 I am sorry as well

Famita
    We are all with you in spirit during this difficult time.

Schmoo2 I just passed my mother's 8 year anniversary and my daughter's 15 year anniversary is next month. Stay strong and remember all the wonderful things they all brought to our lives.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Famita I am sending major hugs your way.

Schmoo2, that first anniversary is a tough one.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

famita. Your son sounds like a wonderful person. It's hard on moms especially...my mom lost my sister and time helps, but there will always be moments. A big hug to you Schmoo2. Anniversaries are always toughies.

famita My family and I tell "Momma" stories all the time. The memories are a wonderful thing.
    Schmoo It's been over 10 years for me and I still think that I need to call her at the end of the day sometimes to share something that happened that day.

MRD

Famita, the time will come when you can tell the funny stories. My much older cousin called me earlie this week. He and my mom were raised like brother and sister and my mom was an only child, so he really was like a younger brother. He had me laughing so hard telling me stories about her on the phone.

But in the meantime, big hugs to you. I'm so sorry that it's still so hard. You have a wonderful family and group of friends to support you. I know that's not always enough.
    You also have us here at FORT.

Schmoo, hugs to you as well. Anniversary dates are always hard.

My mom's birthday is Sept. 11 and my dad's Sept. 19, so I always dread the beginning of Sept. This year, I'm giving a huge talk on the 11th, so I'm glad I have something to look forward too that will help keep my mind off things.

Unk, we call ours Adella Stories. My mom's name was Adella. And there are a lot of stories. I even dreamed about her last night. I was in a crowded restaurant looking for her and was screaming her name at the top of my lungs until I saw her wave at me.
    When she was alive, I mostly called her Mother, but a lot of the time I called her by her name too, depending on where we were and if I was trying to get her attention or not. Apparantly last night I was trying to get her attention as I was yelling out her name.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread