+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1772Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3173037;
    . . .But I remember thinking when they were offered: "Wouldn't THAT look great on the mantel". . .
    I don't know about the mantle, but they could be made into a rockin' set of wind chimes!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

One of my sisters once took a nasty spill on some ice and really did a number on her wrist and forearm. Don't know what things looked like underneath her skin, but on the outside she had nuts and bolts and rods.

After everything healed and all this metal was taken out, the doc asked if she wanted to have any of this stuff as souvenirs. She took some and had a set of earrings made as well as a really cool necklace.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

I am just putting this out there. I am really tired of being the cheerleader for a teenage hormonal son and midlife crisis husband. both have legit b!tches about each other and i ALWAYS seem to be playing the mediator. Both can go jump in a lake, i am so tired of being the go to gal for everyone at home and at work for their problems, None of them would walk across the street to pee on me if i were on fire. I am DONE. Just got through a knock down screaming match with both son and husband for two totally different incedents and it was crap they did to each other. cripes, i am flying to see my dad in AZ on Wednesday and i really don't want to come back. when do i get to be me? when do i stop guilt tripping myself into solving everyone else's problems and when do I get a frigging say in what these ding dongs do and say?

duct tape and padlocks should be legal in every state dammit! sorry just had to vent

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;3174030;
    I am just putting this out there. I am really tired of being the cheerleader for a teenage hormonal son and midlife crisis husband. both have legit b!tches about each other and i ALWAYS seem to be playing the mediator. Both can go jump in a lake, i am so tired of being the go to gal for everyone at home and at work for their problems, None of them would walk across the street to pee on me if i were on fire. I am DONE. Just got through a knock down screaming match with both son and husband for two totally different incedents and it was crap they did to each other. cripes, i am flying to see my dad in AZ on Wednesday and i really don't want to come back. when do i get to be me? when do i stop guilt tripping myself into solving everyone else's problems and when do I get a frigging say in what these ding dongs do and say?

duct tape and padlocks should be legal in every state dammit! sorry just had to vent
    Sounds like you really need that time with your dad. I think in my house, my husband feels like you as the mediator between me and our daughter.

I'm sorry it's so aggravating. Sending a hug. I'd cross the street to put out the fire!

As everyone tells me, they quit being teenagers eventually and become real people again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3172150;
    B]Gut[/B] That's pretty awful the way they "fixed" the overcrowding problem at your school district. It makes you wonder if they care at all that the students are in a place where learning is possible. I can't imagine trying to manage a class of 50 fifth-graders
    Just to be clear - it's 50 5th graders in 2 classes of 25, but in the same 8 slots that I normally have 6th graders, so I have the same number of 6th graders I would have, but now they're divided into 6 slots. So huge classes all around. Meanwhile the art and gym teachers have some classes of 7, 10, and 12 because they're not needed to teach the 5th graders. Again, not anywhere near some of the other troubles on this thread, but I'm mad as a wet hen about it.
    Count your blessings!

Does your school district give you aides? And if so, do they help?

Our school district does have aides, but since our classes are what provide prep periods for the core classes, that's when all the aides have prep, too. So we don't get them unless they're one on one for a severely disabled child.
    Count your blessings!

I just don't get how they divide classes any more My son's 6th grade class has 38 students in it with one teacher and no aides. The other 6th grade classes have 28 kids with one teacher and a part time aide. I just don't get it. Fortunately, he has a male teacher with a no nonsense attitude this year. Hoping it will make a difference as last year he had a menopausal woman counting down the days until the year was over and her retirement began. She actually tried to reason with the kids to get them to behave last year by explaining her "feelings" to them. My son came home so many days last year saying "Mrs. xxx talked about her feelings again today" with the accompanying eyeroll. He was so frustrated because the kids were so out of control and he just couldn't concentrate and it affected his grades. And he suffers the consequences with us if his grades slip He hated it!! This year, his teacher isn't messing around -- but I guess he can't afford to with that many students to control.

Once again, Thanks! to Gut and all of the other teachers out there -- some parents really do appreciate you!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3174066;
    Sounds like you really need that time with your dad. I think in my house, my husband feels like you as the mediator between me and our daughter.

I'm sorry it's so aggravating. Sending a hug. I'd cross the street to put out the fire!

As everyone tells me, they quit being teenagers eventually (usually around 30!) and become real people again.
    Yeah, they eventually stop being teenagers....only to revisit that lunacy during the middle aged crisis.

snick's drama reminds me of my friend's favorite saying.... "My dog ain't in this fight!" She uses it on her husband and her son when they start acting ignorant. The guys need to learn to talk to each other, I guess....no matter how hard it may be.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-23-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

snick- Tell both of your children to jump in the lake, and then tell them that you're going to Az alone to think things out and that you MIGHT be back. You shouldn't have to put it on yourself all the time. They're the ones with the problem and you shouldn't have to deal with it, so next time they start fighting with each other just give them boxing gloves and tell them that as soon as they here the slamming of the front door they can come out of the corners and start fighting. But whoever wins has to hide the body and clean up the mess afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread