+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

misskitty - I hope you feel better before your "big show". Nightmares are the worst, I don't get them very often but when I do it can take days to shake off that bad feeling.

Gut That's pretty awful the way they "fixed" the overcrowding problem at your school district. It makes you wonder if they care at all that the students are in a place where learning is possible. I can't imagine trying to manage a class of 50 fifth-graders

Margaritaville All I can say is hopefully everything that could go wrong, has already gone wrong. I hope the rest of your recovery is speedy and as painless as possible.

mrd I'm surprised you didn't keep your mom's "rods". They would make a great conversation piece in the living room.

Thank you everyone. I spent the day at the hospital with him today playing Nintendo and Wii. Being a grandpa is such a tough job. We were playing Wii golf and he walked over to me, grabbed me around the legs, gave a big ol' hug and said "I love you grandpa." That totally made my day.
    Reading this made my day! Kids are just so sweet and have a way of making it all okay.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers -- it really made a difference today Feeling much better tonight.

Unk: I'm glad that Zac was up for playing games with his favorite Uncle! Keep him cheerful...that's very important! Still sending good wishes.

Margueritaville: Oh my goodness! I can't imagine how you are feeling. I hope that every day, you feel a lot better and then a lot better and then even more better! Having rods in your back is serious but I know of a few people who have recovered and can't say enough good things about how it's helped them out. Do you have to wear one of those "butterfly" vests to help support you for awhile?

Gutmutter: Thank god for great teachers like you who manage to put up with whatever they throw at you and still want to continue to teach children as much as they can. I've sent in a request for some magical assistance to help out with the unfairness. I hope it gets to you!

gabriel: Your troubles are never, ever, too small for your friends here. Tell us what is the matter dear one .

And thank you for your well wishes, everyone! I guess staying in bed what was was required. I'm still tired, but I made sure I picked up some good soup and sandwiches today, picked up last minute items for the big event tomorrow, and was able to clean my paints, get organized and almost packed up. I've made up a sign, got my business cards together and made sure my brushes and sponges are clean.

I've also figured out what to wear (the hardest part as I am going as MissKitty). My purple and black fur ears are new and fluffy, my nails painted the correct mauve, my hair dyed blueblack and shiny, my new purple sequined bow ready to attach to my skirt and shoes pretty much decided on. Kitty earrings, ring and necklace ready to go. I still need to put on a couple of glitter tattoos so I can promote them there as well. I hope to take some photos, if the kids allow me.

I think I get so excited that I get stressed and overwhelmed, then feel sick, until there's no time to feel sick and I just gotta get up and get her done. Gosh. I hope this doesn't happen every time I have a big event.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3172150;

mrd I'm surprised you didn't keep your mom's "rods". They would make a great conversation piece in the living room.
    Well we thought about that as it would be a converstaion piece, but I already have the "hair thing" that people think is weird. But I remember thinking when they were offered: "Wouldn't THAT look great on the mantel".

Margaritaville, I was thinking back to my mom's surgery (which is one of the reasons hubby and I pushed up our wedding date to before her surgery as it was scheduled for after and the dr. said it would be a long recovery), but I remember that within a month, she was doing great and once she had recovered fully, she was without backpain for the first time in 40 years.
    So I hope that you have a fast recovery and the backpain goes away quickly.
    The one thing that thrilled my mom about her surgery was that she had had a spinal fusion when she was 13 and it left a permanent hump on her right side near her shoulder blade. It made it very difficult her whole life to buy clothes and after the surgery, she found out the hump was now gone and she was absolutely THRILLED.

Anyway, wishing all of you that are recovering a speedy recovery and that you will be painfree soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well I am certainly hoping to be pain free when I am healed - pain has been a daily battle for over 20 years, and it has gotten really old. My cervical fusion surgery in March was a huge success and I am now pain free there, so it gives me great hope! Interesting about the option to keep your mom's rods I think I would pass on that as well. I am already doing much better than I was and I am not quite 2 weeks out of surgery, so that has got to be a good sign! Physical therapist is coming to the house to work with me today, and that should give me some good information about my progress so far. I do have one of the butterfly back braces that I have to wear any time I am up (not sitting or laying down) for at least 4 more weeks. I don't follow up with the surgeon until the middle of Sept. - so I hope to have made excellent progress by then, hoping he will clear me to drive my son to school by then. He had said I would be prohibited from driving for anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks!!! I so hate having to ask others to take my son to school. There are no buses to his school, and Mr. M goes to work at 6am -- so he can't take him. My aunt has been extremely gracious in offering to drive him -- I need to buy her a Costco gas gift card this week!

Gut- just want to say "thank you" for teachers like you! Good luck this year, and I hope they don't throw anything else on ya!

MissKitty- glad you are doing better! I'm sure that tomorrow will be a great success for you, be sure to let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 08-22-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Margaritaville, are there parents of kids in your son's class/grade that could bring him to school and back? When you feel better, you could return the favor.

MRD

Miss Kitty, with my fibromyalgia when my body has had enough, it's had enough and if I don't take a day to lay around, stay in bed, sleep or whatever, then I pay for it. So I always try to pay attention to what my body is telling me and get the rest I need. So it sounds like that's exactly what you needed was a couple days of rest. Hope all is well soon and good luck this weekend. The event and your costume sound fun.

Margaritaville, I'm glad you are doing ok and hope you get cleared to drive soon. I know how you feel about asking people to do stuff like that for you. Glad your aunt can help you out.

Unk I'm so glad you have the time to be there with Zac. Love can heal so many things and we all love both of you!

Namaste
    Yup, with donuts!!

M-ville, glad to hear that you're feeling better. Keep up the recovery
    Unk pleased to hear that your grandson is doing well and that you two are playing Nintendo and Wii games. If you need anything please let me know. Would it be ok if I sent Zac a get well card?

MRD

I can't remember if I told this or not, but when Zac was first diagnosed, I got some coloring books, crayons and puzzles and dropped them off at the local hospital for the children's wing.

Well today I put Zac's name on the prayer chain for an organization I belong too and I heard back from the president and guess what she suggested? We collect children's games and toys and take them to the local hospital. She thought it would be a great service project.

So tell Zac, he's being an inspiration to a lot of people and because of him some local kids that have to go to the hospital, might have their stay be a little more pleasant.

+ Reply to Thread