+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

This thread usually makes me understand just how lucky I am. I am truly blessed. Margaritaville, your post is making me feel your misery. Hope things are on the super-upswing very, very soon. Glad you're able to see a silver lining. It's always there; we just have to look for it and identify it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Margarittaville - I hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like you have a rough time of it.

I hope you have a quick recovery Margaritaville.

Unk, you and Zak have my prayers and thoughts.

Misskitty, I hope you feel better soon! Is there possibly a gas leak somewhere?

Margaritaville, sending good thoughts your way! Feel better real soon!

Margaritaville, I hope you feel better soon. You will be in my thoughts as well.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3170905;
    Zac is back in the hospital. He was running a fever and his blood counts were down. He had to go in last week for the same thing. They just want to make sure he doesn't have a bacterial infection. With his immune system being so weak he is very susceptible to getting sick. Keep sending good vibes his way, we really need them.
    Sending good vibes, healing wishes and prayers Zac's way.
    Hope he's better and out of the hospital soon. Keep us posted.

Also sending those same thoughts, wishes and prayers to Miss Kitty and Margaritaville. M-ville, my mom had rods in her back and her surgery and recovery was difficult too. I'm sorry you have to go through that, I know it must be hard, I remember my mom's and how hard it was. But on the upside (another silver lining?) when my mom passed, the cremation place told us we could have her spinal rods if we wanted them. So one day in the far, far off future, you too could leave a lasting legacy for your loved ones. (sorry if this is offensive, my sick, twisted sense of humor found it funny. We have joked about the funeral director telling us this piece of news since the day it happened 7 years ago. I did decline their offer.)

Gut, that's horrible and so much extra work for the teachers. What a headache. I hope you are able to get the extra planning and work done with minimal problems.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-21-2008 at 06:26 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk I'm sorry to hear about Zac. Please know that if you need anything your forum family is here for you.
    M-ville. I'm sorry to hear about how your surgery went. I know how you feel. When I was about 18 years old I had a rod and cable put in my back for scoliosis. During the second surgery I recieved a chemical burn. Instead of giving the doctor adhesive remover. She gave the doctor something else, and the next thing I know my back is burning. Boy I'm glad I was under when that happened. I hope you feel better real soon

Along with everyone else, sending warm thoughts for a speedy recovery for Zac. And a big hug to everyone else who is also experiencing various troubles. I had a rough week last week and this week has been better. That's how it goes it seems. But like others have said, my problems pale in comparison and at the end of the day I don't have it that bad.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Thank you everyone. I spent the day at the hospital with him today playing Nintendo and Wii. Being a grandpa is such a tough job. We were playing Wii golf and he walked over to me, grabbed me around the legs, gave a big ol' hug and said "I love you grandpa." That totally made my day.
    Margaritaville I wish you a very speedy recovery and good wishes for an end to everyone's problems.
    ETA Gut he'll be going through chemo for a couple of years but it will be decreasing in frequency as time goes on.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 08-21-2008 at 09:04 PM.

MRD

Unk,
    I put him on a couple prayer chains I'm on and one of my friends said she would light a candle for him at Mass this weekend. So he's got a lot of people pulling for him.

Being a grandparent certainly has to be more rewarding than being a parent. I'm having a particularly rough week with the attitude around here and thinking that having grandkids in the future has to be more fun. Especially the hugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread