+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Healing hugs, wishes and strength being sent Zac's way
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3170905;
    Keep sending good vibes his way, we really need them.
    Good vibes to Zac, your son and yourself, Unk

Unklescott - I'm sure they'll keep a close eye on Zac in the hospital. Sending you all prayers. How much more chemo does he have?
    Count your blessings!

Unk - I'm hoping Zac is feeling better real soon. Sending hugs your way.

Misskitty - I hope you're feeling better soon also. Good luck with that face painting thing. Sounds exhausting!

Unklescott - Sending healing hugs Zacs' way, along with some Joey headbumps.

misskitty - With your karma, I bet everything falls into place in the next 24 hours, just as you want.

Compared to everyone else my troubles seem so trivial.

I know, gabriel. Me too. But I want to vent, so everyone feel free to pass this one by. Last year they closed down one of our town's grade schools for budget reasons. Then they were upset that the remaining schools were overcrowded (duh!). So this year they are sending two 5th grade classes to our middle school. I'm on the "unified arts" team... art, music, gym, shop, languages, computers, health - and we get every 6th, 7th, and 8th grader every year for one term. The incoming 5th graders are going to be serviced by the grade school gym, music, and art teachers so won't go through those rotations with us, but the rest of us will have them which has created a scheduling nightmare. Half of our team will be teaching 50 more students than the others with huge class sizes all around while the art, etc. teachers won the jackpot with some classes of only 7 or 10. Those of us teaching 5th graders have to come up with a new curriculum for them realizing that the following year, some 6th graders will have had us mixed in with those who haven't. And the huge class sizes are going to be difficult. I'm trying to buck up and prepare myself to approach it positively, but it's really unfair.
    Count your blessings!

Unk, I'm sending a whole bunch of healing thoughts Zac's way. My family and I are going to pray for him each evening.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Unk, I'm sending all my good thoughts and vibes Zac's way. He will be in my thoughts.

Unk - sending good vibes, happy and positive thoughts, and lots and lots of prayers up for Zac

MissKitty - hope you feel better soon, sounds awfully crappy

I am currently trying to recover from reconstructive back surgery, and having a bit of a hard time with it. I had surgery on the 11th and just about everything that could have gone wrong....did. The surgery ended up being a bit more complex than dr anticipated, so it ended up being an 8 hour surgery instead of the 5 hours he had guesstimated previously. I ended up needing 3 blood transfusions, insulin injections (never had any issues with blood sugar before), I was leaking spinal fluid and they had a hard time stopping it, and last but not least of all - my intestinal tract completely shut down. Oh my goodness, I have heard stories about this, but it was absolute hell to go through. My stomach was so bloated and distended - I appeared to be about 8 months pregnant, rock hard stomach, and just like pregnancy... breathing even became difficult. It took 4 days to go away Now I am just trying to deal with the rods that are implanted and the pain involved with the bone reconstruction part. Every day is getting a little bit better, but I guess I really should have taken the doctor a little bit more seriously when he told me how painful and hard the recovery period would be. On the bright side -- I think I lost around 15 pounds. I didn't eat for a week. Gotta love that silver lining

Wow Margaritaville that is a lot to happen. I hope you recover soon and feel better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread