+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

You could contact Social Services and speak to a counselor there to find out the appropriate action to be taken. Sometimes just alerting them to an issue is enough for them to make a house call. If you have several neighbors/friends who can call as well it may prompt immediate action.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks, famita and buglover!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3166660;
    You could contact Social Services and speak to a counselor there to find out the appropriate action to be taken. Sometimes just alerting them to an issue is enough for them to make a house call. If you have several neighbors/friends who can call as well it may prompt immediate action.

I agree -- that sounds like all kinds of bad. Interesting that the kids aren't in school, because (in most states, I believe) if a teacher even suspected any sort of abuse s/he would be required by law to report it. (It's one of the reasons that so many abusers "homeschool" their kids -- it's a way to isolate them. Another red flag would be the fact that the teacher-parent works full time. How/When is any "schooling" taking place?) buglover's advice is good.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Today would have been my parents 49th wedding anniversary.

(and my MIL's 86th birthday)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What a wonderful day to celebrate the spirit of your parents union, mrd.

pakacat I'm so sorry about your friend's loss. That has to be one of the most painful experiences a mother and father can have.

livin I agree with buglover, you should definitely notify social services. I know here in my state of PA, you can call a childline hotline if you suspect abuse, and they will check on that child within 72 hours. And the hotline is completely anonymous. Hopefully there is a similar service in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;3165793;
    Sad news today. My best friend and his wife's baby girl was due to be born on the 18th. However, something happened today (I don't know all the details; he was too torn up when talking to my husband); they couldn't find a heartbeat, did a c-section, but they lost her. Obviously a very tough and terrible time for them, and of course their other children who were ready to welcome their new little sister.

Wish I could be there right now... but am back up in Auburn, AL now; interviewed for a job at the University that went really well, and just had my final talk with the dept. head, and so it seems like I'll be living up here again. But, will probably return here for a few days in the meantime for them. The job is obviously a great opportunity for me, and we definitely need the money; but, it will be strange and lonely being alone, as my husband is back at work in FL for now.

I'm so very sorry to hear such sad news about your friend and his wife's baby girl. I cannot imagine the heartbreak. Please know that my thoughts are with them and you at this time and that my prayers hope to bring some clarity and comfort in the future.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3167513;
    Today would have been my parents 49th wedding anniversary.

(and my MIL's 86th birthday)
    I hope you had a beer for them MRD! Happy Anniversary to your parents. They are celebrating together for sure.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3168800;
    I hope you had a beer for them MRD! Happy Anniversary to your parents. They are celebrating together for sure.
    No, but the funny thing was that DH was watching Ocean's 13 (I've seen it about 10 times now, so I was in the other room). I went in to tell him somethig and walked into the scene Where Matt Damon is trying to seduce the assistant and they are playing Somewhere my Love in the background. That was my parents song. They got up and danced to it no matter where they h eard it playing. They just LOVED that song and would request it quite a bit from bands when they went out. They loved to dance and went to clubs where there was dancing and bands often. We played that song at their memorial service while their ashes were being scattered. It was weird to hear it on their anniversary mostly because I NEVER hear it anymore at all anywhere.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Paka- I'm soo sorry about your friend's loss please know that if you need anything we're here for you.

Livin- buglover's advice is a good idea call social services. They keep it confidental and it lets the parent's know that someone is watching them. It also lets the kids know that someone is watching out for them.

Well hubby and I are waiting out tropical storm fay safe and sound at home, although there was a tornado that hit a horse ranch, but the horses are fine.

+ Reply to Thread