+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3162027;
    MissKitty-hope your Pa is feeling better.

MRD-the symptoms you were having yesterday didn't sound like any of the side effects I had read about but I didn't want to say anything. Glad you're feeling better.

I haven't smoked today. Last cigerette was last night at 9pm. It is hard to be on the computer. Used to be a prime smoking area so I'll go ahead and take off. But I've almost survived today, I've been so clumsey and spaced out. Good thing I'm not driving today.
    Good for you. eventually you won't want the smoke while on the computer

gabriel, Bunny, myrosiedog, archiecomicfan, and livin4reality: Thank you so much for your good wishes. My Dad didn't have any bleeds today, but doing nothing is driving him crazy. He doesn't like to take it easy. He came by today but I wasn't home. So he says he's coming by tomorrow so he can help me do something. I think I'll make him kitty sit, brush the kitties, walk the kitties, and watch me work while he sips an iced tea in the shade.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3162027;

I haven't smoked today. Last cigerette was last night at 9pm. It is hard to be on the computer. Used to be a prime smoking area so I'll go ahead and take off. But I've almost survived today, I've been so clumsey and spaced out. Good thing I'm not driving today.
    Good for you livin...you inspire me!
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3162281;
    I think I'll make him kitty sit, brush the kitties, walk the kitties, and watch me work while he sips an iced tea in the shade.
    You're a good daughter misskitty
    CYA

MRD

Good for you Livin. Just keep it one day at a time.

Miss Kitty, glad to know your dad didn't have any more bleeds.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MissKitty, I'll continue to send your dad good thoughts!

Great news on the quitters! Let me know how it shakes out. If I do it, I'll have to do it cold turkey, and I think I'm getting close again.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3162652;
    MissKitty, I'll continue to send your dad good thoughts!

Great news on the quitters! Let me know how it shakes out. If I do it, I'll have to do it cold turkey, and I think I'm getting close again.
    I'm really liking the Chantix progam. They really do give you so much support and help. I can't do it on my own. I've tried. The best success I have had was with the patches. I did really well with them, but a year later, I started smoking again. But the patches really helped me when I was quitting. Of course my husband told me that if I put the patch over my lips, it would help even more. You don't make jokes like that to someone who is quitting smoking. Yes, he's still alive, but barely. The operation to remove the cardboard box of quit smoking patches from a certain opening in his body was successful.

I think if I had to quit cold turkey, you'd see me on "Breaking News" and the words "hostage situation". The police wouldn't be lobbing tear gas canisters, but cartons of cigarettes and disposable lighters in the building.
    I am not a good quitter. I admit I have addiction problems. Food and cigarettes. I substitued smoking for the food addiction 2 years ago when I had the gastric bypass. I am hoping I don't substitue food for smoking now.

I'm thinking that maybe I need to work on my addiction problems. I've never had addiction problems with drugs or alcohol, but I have always had it with either food or smoking.

Today is the 8th anniversary of mom's passing. It was a weird night for me. I slept but not soundly so I'm pretty tired today. everyone, I think it might be a long day!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm having one of those 'crawl under you desk in the fetal position' days. Not a real reason for it either.

MRD

Buglover, sending hugs. I have some anniversary dates coming up that are always hard.

Schmoo, I'm sorry you're having a bad day too. Go ahead and crawl under there if you have too. Sending positive thoughts your way too.

I'm having a busy morning, I guess it's now early afternoon, and out of the last 5 people that stopped in, 4 are in various stages of cancer treatment. It's hard to be optimistic when the treatments are not going well.

+ Reply to Thread