+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152477;
    The older I get, the more fearful I am about getting sick. Being the only person making money in the household it really freaks me out that I might end up in the hospital or something and not be able to work. I have no idea what I would do if that happened.
    I dont' know if it's available for you, buglover, but I would definitely pay for disability insurance; in case you get sick and cannot work; whether it's short term or long term. They will pay a portion of your salary until such time as you can return to work or be retrained. I bless the day I decided to get it as it saved me from losing my house when I became unable to work from illness.

Also, if you have a mortgage, you may check into getting disability insurance on that. In case you are unable to work, the insurance pays your mortgage payments until you can return to work. Most times, you must buy this at the time of getting your mortgage though.
    -----

My troubles today is that my sweetie woke up feeling sick. We think he may have appendicitis, but it's not bad enough to go to the hospital yet. He isn't nauseous, but has pain and a bit of fever. If you go to the hospital, they will just have you wait 8 hours and send you home until you are in severe pain and critical condition. Appendicitis sucks! I hope we're mistaken and he feels better soon.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hope your sweetie feels better soon!

MRD

Miss Kitty, I hope it's not appendicitis. Keep a close eye on him and check his temperature often.
    I hope he will be ok soon.

I'm off to have my "brain polyps" removed at the urologist today! Wish me luck. I hate this. UGH.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd! Good luck with those brain polyps!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

yeah, those brain polyps get us every time!

MRD

Well I have good news/bad news/good news/ bad news. Oy, what a day!

First of all, no polyps, brain or otherwise.

But my Intersitital cystitis is flaring up and I have a sheaf of prescriptions for it. AND the doctor I LOVED! She was great and she did load me up with samples first.
    And I have a HUGE list of foods to avoid that irritate this condition. Cranberry juice being the first thing on the list. All high acid foods. And of course, it's all stuff I like like tomatos and any product containing tomatos and a whole bunch of other stuff too.
    I have to go weekly for 6 weeks to have instillations of medication put directly into the bladder. So that won't be fun. But she was very confident that she can get all this fixed. She doesn't think what I've been having was UTI's and so, hopefully, I will be pain free soon. For the first time ever I left a urologist office feeling good instead of feeling awful and feeling upbeat about finally getting all this taken care of.

Good news and better news: I am now a part time employee of the museum and will also be doing some contract work for them on the side!!! I will be helping with the running of the gift shop and reception area and with the events (events will be contract work). Better news? I start Fri. and this means I can tell my friend that was being a pain about me going to the beach with her that I have to work now and can't go.

Bad news: we have to move. Our landlord wants to sell the house. She wants us to buy it. We don't want to buy it, so we have until Jan. to move. Worse news: with hubby just starting his own business, it will be next to impossible for us to get a mortgage at the present time because of the whole "time in job/self employment" thing. I really want to move, have wanted to for some time, but we were hoping we could hold out and move when we could buy something instead of moving and then moving again in a year.
    Good news: with me now working, we can at least afford to move. Bad news: having 3 dogs is going to be hard finding another rental, but we'll do it because I am NOT giving up any of the dogs. I will give up another family member first.
    Good news: I do get to get out of this depressing, negative vibe house with all it's problems sooner than I hoped.

Good news: Hubby has gotten some prospective clients that will be good ones. Just no signed contracts yet, but if they do, we should be doing pretty well in the next few months and can really start to save for the eventual buying of a house and have a bigger down payment. His business is garnering a lot of attention so that is good, but still not counting chickens before they hatch.

Bad news: my friends daughter that has been institutionalized twice and is now home, is probably going to have to be institutionalized again and possibly this time for a long term stay. She is not doing well at all. Won't eat because she's convinced that the food is bad, poisened, people put worms in it, etc. They are having a really hard time trying to get her to eat. She is also having other delusions and hallucinations. It's really sad. To see someone go from a vibrant 18 year old on the cusp of beginning her life as an adult and college student, to someone who has basically been reduced to having the mental capacity of a 6 year old, can't be left alone, has to be coaxed into bathing, dressing, going anywhere and they can't even coax her to eat. She is so paranoid that the mom can't get her to even go to the grocery store and the mom is afraid to leave her alone to go. It's really sad.

So you can see it's been a roller coaster of a day. Whew, I'm beat just thinking about it all.

Wow what a day.

Wow - I'm exhausted after just reading that post, MRD! The positives definitely seem to outweigh the negatives for you today and that is good news! So glad you finally get to move out of that house, and congratulations on your new job! Finally going to get paid for doing something you love - fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152412;
    That's almost as bad as lice. It makes me laugh how some people can just say, yes, my child has lice and laugh about it. Knock on wood my son never got it but several friends of his have gotten it from one source when they were little and the parent just laughed about it.
    Oh my, I got lice when I was in the fifth grade. In the space of one day, my mom washed and combed through my hair with the special shampoo at least three times, did twenty-three loads of laundry, changed every bed in the house, and everything that couldn't be washed that could get lice was put into garbage bags and tied shut for awhile. Thankfully, I only got that once. What a lot of work!

MRD

I just read the diet I'm supposed to follow for the interstitial cystitis. It would have been easier to tell me what I CAN eat.

No apples or apple products
    no pears, cantelope, berries, citrus, tomato or tomato products. No salad dressings, no yogurt, coffee, tea, balsamic vinegar, worchestershire sauce, peppers, onions.

And the list goes on and on. Of course, everything I eat is on this no-no list.

I am still struggling with the hypoglycemia diet and now this. I think it would be easier to just have those pill foods that everyone told us we'd be eating in the future.
    Just pop a few of the different food group pills and be done with it. Would simplify cooking.

+ Reply to Thread