+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1659Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Margaritaville, I can imagine your frustration. I hope you are able to get the surgery and recover in a good amount of time.
    And the job thing sounds great. Sending best wishes for best possible scenario with the surgery and job.

Norman. Sounds good.

BT, heck yeah, give me a tapeworm if it would boost my immune system. Part of my problem is that I'm also dealing with some auto-immune issues. But then dont know if the worm would put my immune system into overdrive and make it attack me instead of the worm.

Speaking of, I found out where I got the ringworm. My friends 18 year old daughter has it and I was at their house several times over the past 10 days. I said to my friend this morning that I had it and she said: "so does my daughter". So I bet that is where I got it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's almost as bad as lice. It makes me laugh how some people can just say, yes, my child has lice and laugh about it. Knock on wood my son never got it but several friends of his have gotten it from one source when they were little and the parent just laughed about it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152412;
    That's almost as bad as lice. It makes me laugh how some people can just say, yes, my child has lice and laugh about it. Knock on wood my son never got it but several friends of his have gotten it from one source when they were little and the parent just laughed about it.
    Oh, I know what you mean. I know that kids get lice, especially in school, but I have one friend who's daughter gets it ALL the time (from school, because the mom goes into overdrive de-lousing the house when the kid gets it) and she just laughs about it and has brought her to MY house with it.
    I got all paranoid and spent a fortune on that spray and did the whole house after they left. Now why would you bring someone who has something like that to a friends before you TREAT IT???

I'm lucky too my daughter never got lice. This is actually the first time I've ever had ringworm. But it might have been nice for my friend to have said: Hey, my daughter has ringworm and I just wanted to let you know because you've been over here. She did offer to give me some cream for it though.

I think I've been really paranoid about it because we were staying at my in-laws one weekend and my husband's neices were there and one of them had the worst case of ringworm, I've ever seen (not that I've seen many), but this was about 19 years ago and the picture stays with me. It went up one arm, across her chest and around to her back. I kept MUCHO distance between me and that kid all weekend. And my MIL wasn't even treating it and didn't want to change the sheets on the bed we were sleeping on that the kid had been sleeping on before we got there. My husband just went to the linen closet and got sheets and changed them himself as he didn't want to make a big deal to his mom. (didn't stop ME from making a big deal about it).
    I hate catching anything. My thoughts are if you have something contagious (even if it's a cold), please stay as far from me as possible. When I'm sick, I stay home as much as I can so I don't become a Typhoid Mary. (and I've been trying to wear socks as much as possible over the ringworm, so I don't give it to anyone else or the dogs either.)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152412;
    Or send them to school or church sick. "It's just a cold." Well just a cold to your child is not to mine. Colds invariably went into a mega-asthma attack and sometimes bronchitis or pneumonia.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3152426;
    Or send them to school or church sick. "It's just a cold." Well just a cold to your child is not to mine. Colds invariably went into a mega-asthma attack and sometimes bronchitis or pneumonia.
    Veejer, that is the point I was trying to make and I rambled all over the place.

When I get a cold, it ALWAYS goes into bronchitis, so I try to avoid sick people as much as possible. Doesn't always happen, but I am so paranoid about getting sick because I know mine will invariably be worse than the person's that gave it to me.

I've known parents who dose up the kids with tylenol and send them to school knowing they are sick. It's not fair to the kids who don't feel well and it's not fair to all the other kids that get sick, bring it home and give it to the whole family and it's not fair to the teacher who has to deal with the sick students.

That's one of the reasons I won't go to a doctor when cold season hits. Even if I have a really bad back ache I won't go and sit next to all the really sick people because I will definitely catch it and then I'll have a backache and a cold!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152446;
    That's one of the reasons I won't go to a doctor when cold season hits. Even if I have a really bad back ache I won't go and sit next to all the really sick people because I will definitely catch it and then I'll have a backache and a cold!
    I swear one day, I'm going to end up being one of those people that wears a mask in public. I have the same fear. I hand sanitize after I leave the dr. office anyway, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3152464;
    I swear one day, I'm going to end up being one of those people that wears a mask in public. I have the same fear. I hand sanitize after I leave the dr. office anyway, just in case.
    I'm so bad I'll wait in the car and ask the receptionist to call me on the cell phone when the doctor is ready. I'm not a total germaphobe but I'm really close!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152467;
    I'm so bad I'll wait in the car and ask the receptionist to call me on the cell phone when the doctor is ready. I'm not a total germaphobe but I'm really close!
    Me too. Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one with this fear. I never thought of the car thing. I don't have a cell so that wouldn't work for me (and my doctor is on the 3rd floor of her building). But the car thing is a great idea.

I swear I am going to get some masks. And maybe gloves too.

I really fear getting sick. I hate it so much. I swear I am always more miserable than the next person who may have the same thing. I think that's why I'm all knotted up about going to the urologist. I don't want to not feel well, I want it all to be working perfectly all the time and when it's not, I am terrible. I make a horrible patient, I really do. Just ask my family.

The older I get, the more fearful I am about getting sick. Being the only person making money in the household it really freaks me out that I might end up in the hospital or something and not be able to work. I have no idea what I would do if that happened.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread