+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2014Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Well I am having a fit trying to get into the site
    Not this one but another as it really doesn't or hasn't been letting me get into one!
    Merry Christmas!

famita: I'm so very sorry to hear about your dear friend. I hope that she will be able to beat this cancer and will be able to enjoy the rest of her life with hope.

myrosiedog: Oh my. You do seem to be catching a lot of things lately. I hope your infections clear up with the proper medications.

Good news for me: I haven't had any major breakouts of hives since taking a break from the Dr. B Diet. I'm still eating a lot of the same foods, but it looks like I may have to quit the program altogether. Unfortunately, I am still not healing very well and continue to wear long pants and shirts with short sleeves. Not only to hide the bruises and welts, but my pasty white skin!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3148878;
    I have no idea where I might have gotten it from. It's on my foot and I looked at pictures on the web and mine looks like the photos.
    I hate to say it but it's possible one of those hellions from the daycare last week had it and somehow passed it on to you .

misskitty, I'm glad you're doing better and figured out the cause of your outbreaks.

famita, your friend and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

queenb
    , I'm sending good thoughts that your mother will continue to have success with her treatments.

MRD, see, archiecomic fan had the same idea as I did-all your recent troubles all stem from those wonderful children you tried to help at the museum! (yes, I am joking, but only a little!) Hope you feel better. I think when My kids had that years ago, we used a topical antibiotic cream, kept it ultra clean, and it got better.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The good thing about ringworm is that it doesn't "jump" from one person to another. It requires contact, thus the reason why it can spread through a daycare community. If you see one kid with it, I guarantee you will see another, and they are probably buddies that play together. I remember my son bringing it home (on his scalp) from day care; Ihad to give him some kind of liquid medicine, and it took it's own sweet time about clearing up; this was many years ago. I hate that they call it ringworm when it doesn't involve any kind of actual worm.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I would LOVE to blame all my problems on those children (maybe it's my karma getting back at me for yelling so much at them, even though I felt they deserved it), but the ringworm is on the side of my foot, near the place where people get bunions. I had on sneakers and socks at daycamp, so I couldn't have gotten it there.
    I wear sandals and flip flops the rest of the time, but I sure haven't been playing footsie with anyone. I do walk around in the yard barefoot a lot and my mother used to tell me not to or I would get ringworm. Maybe she's right?

shay, you could call it Tinea or Serpigo. I found those alternative names when looking up treatment.

Mantenna, thanks for the site it was very helpful and I even had some stuff here at home that I put on it, so hopefully it will be gone soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ringworm is totally easy to treat, the doctor can give you a cream to put on it. I had it on my wrist in college and it cleared up in days.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

misskitty - I hope you feel better soon!

queenb - your mother is in my thoughts and prayers

famita - We will continue to keep your friend in our thoughts
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm sorry about your ringworm, mrd. Is it uncomfortable or itchy? That's so funny that your Mom said if you walk in bare feet you'll get ringworm, my grandma used to say the same thing to me when I was a kid. I had no idea what ringworm was, but it sure didn't sound good! I imagined these purple worms twining around my ankles.

MRD

It's been a little itchy, but not a lot. It just looks nasty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread