+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1577Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I have found that AZO really helps me with any UTI in between when I feel like I have one and the doctor agrees. It appears that they are giving away free samples on their website. I found them when my doctor said it would be a good idea to take it while on the anti-biotics as it helps with the pain for the first one I ever had. I've had two since then and start with the AZO right away every time. I believe my doctor mentioned something about using it for maintenance, but since I've had three in 12 years, I figured I was good.
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Just heard from my officemate's son, sister, and husband, almost in a row. It is cancer, but they haven't determined exactly what kind it is yet. It started in her colon and moved into her kidney. They are not sure if they got it all. Damn. I told her husband before surgery that he could tell me when I could go see her, but I told him today that I would be up there tomorrow night. I will be positive in my telling her she has to get her "feisty" together and fight. I also know that I don't know how extensive it is, or if they got all of it out. Her son was talking about quality vs quantity. I know that there are not 100% guarantees in life, but if there is a chance that she'll pull through, shouldn't we ask her to fight? And yes, I will ask her what she wants (I know it's more important than what I want), but I selfishly am not ready for doom and gloom. I thought we almost lost her when her kidney wasn't working, but it eventually perked up. And I'm sadly losing my optimism. Time to buck up and find it, I know. Thanks for letting me vent.

Aww famita I'm sorry your co-worker has cancer. Please keep positive thoughts for her and you are not being overly selfish in wanting her to want to fight. We all tend to do that with people we care about.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

famita, I know that you really mean well, with super-good intentions for your co-worker. When my mother was diagnosed with cancer, she needed time to get used to the idea before she started having visitors, even with positive messages. It was our job, as her family, to make sure we protected her until she was ready, even though we didn't know if, mentally/emotionally, we were coming or going. I would just advise to make sure, through her immediate family, that she is ready and that they are ready. It seems like cancer doesn't just happen to an individual; it happens to a family.

Sometimes, life can be just so suck-y. You are a good friend.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sending hugs and prayers, Famita!

MRD

Famita,
    I'm glad to hear her kidney started working. I don't think it's bad to want her to fight. From my experience with friends and family, sometimes the patient needs friends and family to be their cheerleaders. And a positive attitude goes a long way.
    You are a great friend to her and I"m sure she will be more than happy to see you when you visit.
    Sending you both hugs and prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm sorry that your friend has cancer, famita. I'm sending positive thoughts to her and her family.

I'm sorry to hear about this famita. Hopefully you, and your friend, and her family will get lucky with this. I know the word 'cancer' is scary, but it does not mean your friend is terminal; it doesn't necessarily mean poor quality of life either. Keep praying and thinking positive thoughts.
    My mom had a huuge cancerous kidney removed about six or seven years ago, and didn't even have to do chemo at that time. Last Fall, her scan showed new renal cell cancer in her pancreas, and we were prepared for the worst. Luckily, the drugs she is taking have, so far, stalled the growth of the cancer, and she is luckily having few side effects. She has, however, decided that if it gets a whole lot worse, that she will not have it treated aggressively, and we as a family support whatever she wants to do.
    Hpefully your friend's family will be as lucky as ours has been so far.
    Last edited by queenb; 07-29-2008 at 10:40 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I know this does not match the seriousness of what others are going through, but I think I have ringworm. I have never had it before, but hubby has and he says it looks like it.
    Help! I really don't know what to do for it and how contagious is it really?
    I've heard you must wash bedsheets daily and you can get it from animals. So can animals get it from me? I don't think the dogs have it. I have no idea where I might have gotten it from. It's on my foot and I looked at pictures on the web and mine looks like the photos.

The websites said that using an anti-fungal cream can help. Any reccomendatios on which one to use?

I am just completely falling apart here all of a sudden. Honestly, I am starting to think my immune system is out of whack at the moment and so things like UTI's and ringworm are able to just make themselves at home.

If you touch it and touch another area of the body, does that spread it?

I am clueless an despite googling it, I still feel in the dark. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The Mayo Clinic is one of the best resources available for anything medically-related.

Ringworm of the body - MayoClinic.com

+ Reply to Thread