+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

FAmita, I hope all goes well with your co-worker.

I dont' know if you guys remember that I had a hernia repaired last summer. Well, my doctor thought it might be back and this week, I've been having pain in that area again and it's getting worse. The surgeon told me that this kind of hernia can reoccur. Great, just what I need right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow mrd, you can't get a break this year! I hope it is merely a flare-up of some sort and you won't need surgery again.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Take it easy MRD until you know what you're dealing with. Sending best wishes your way and hoping it's nothing serious.
    CYA

Sorry to hear that you are in pain, MRD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the pain goes away on its own and no further action (or surgery) is needed on your part!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3142080;
    FAmita, I hope all goes well with your co-worker.

I dont' know if you guys remember that I had a hernia repaired last summer. Well, my doctor thought it might be back and this week, I've been having pain in that area again and it's getting worse. The surgeon told me that this kind of hernia can reoccur. Great, just what I need right now.
    OY! -- Keep us posted

MRD, I hope you won't end up needing surgery again! What a pain! Maybe it was brought on by the stressful time in the museum-darn those kids anyway!

So sorry to hear that, MRD! I'm sending you a big hug. Do you have an appt to have it checked out? Please keep us posted

Along that same line - it appears that I have complications from my neck surgery in March. I knew I had been having some symptoms, but was kinda waiting for them to dissipate. Didn't happen, so I notified my doc and he wanted another MRI. Sure enough, complications. He is out this week, so I will have to wait until next week to find out if he needs to go back in or what will happen. Meanwhile, my back surgery was pushed back to Aug 11. Soooo frustrating!!!

MRD

Margaritaville, I'm so sorry to hear you have complications. Sending hugs.

I go back to the dr. next week and until them I am not to lift anything or strain while doing anything. It started bothering me b efore those awful kids in the musuem, or I would blame them!

Good news! Katie is out of the hospital and home. She is on blood thinners and must go to the coumidin clinic every 3 days for a time and must still take it easy. She has some residual pluerisy type pain, but it should go away soon. She and her new hubbby celebrate their 3 month anniversary in a week, so it's good news that she will be home to be with him.
    Thanks all SO much for the prayers. Still no word on why this would have happened. But she's doing SO much better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Great news about Katie!

I still think you ought to blame the kids!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3143263;
    Margaritaville, I'm so sorry to hear you have complications. Sending hugs.

I go back to the dr. next week and until them I am not to lift anything or strain while doing anything. It started bothering me b efore those awful kids in the musuem, or I would blame them!

Good news! Katie is out of the hospital and home. She is on blood thinners and must go to the coumidin clinic every 3 days for a time and must still take it easy. She has some residual pluerisy type pain, but it should go away soon. She and her new hubbby celebrate their 3 month anniversary in a week, so it's good news that she will be home to be with him.
    Thanks all SO much for the prayers. Still no word on why this would have happened. But she's doing SO much better.
    Take it easy MRD! I hope you don't have to endure another surgery.

And great news about Katie. I missed your original post about her pulmonary embolism, but when I read that you knew someone on blood thinners, I went back and checked. I had a severe case in 2004 (which eventually led to my major open heart surgery 3 years ago) and I also didn't have any of the major risk factors. They really had no idea why it could have happened, but after several rounds of blood tests (and a consult with a hematologist at my insistence) they discovered I was "lupus anticoagulant, antiphospholipid, antibody positive" (you can google it or look it up on Wikipedia). Basically, it messes up with your clotting factors. I had been hit in the leg playing slo-pitch in the summer of 2004, had a big bruise that took forever to go away, and started throwing clots to my lungs in the fall. I was finally hospitalized and diagnosed in December, 2004.

The treatment for Lupus anticoagulant is warfarin/coumadin for life. Which is scary, since the risk of bleeding is high, I have to get my blood tested every month or so, and pregnancy is pretty much out of the question. But it's much better than risking another pulmonary embolism. Around the time of my surgery, they threw in an 'inferior vena cava' filter in the big vein between my legs and lungs in case I ever formed clots in my leg again...so hopefully I'm well covered!

So if she hasn't already seen one, suggest to Katie that she see a hematologist and they check all of her clotting factors. PE's don't just happen for no reason.
    Don't let the small things sweat

+ Reply to Thread