+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Buglover, I'm sending you a heartfelt hug. I know it's hard. Bunny, I'm sending you a hug too.

MissKitty, wow-I was reading the other thread and couldn't believe my eyes. This is family treating family not very nicely. I wouldn't give her anything for a housewarming-you all already did!

So after yesterday being what is was, I log into my office and in my email are 2 emails from my credit card stating I changed my bank information for payment. I log in and it's some bank I have never had an account with and whomever changed the information actually scheduled payments to pay my card! I cancelled the card immediately, etc. but it's so weird that it's not really fraud if they are actually paying to the account instead of using the account for purchases! This is my life lately, let me tell you!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I would have called the credit card company rather than logging into a site. Maybe I'm paranoid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3139399;
    I think I would have called the credit card company rather than logging into a site. Maybe I'm paranoid.
    That sounds like a scam to get your info buglover.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I did call the company and talked with the web tech. She said that the log in information wasn't done more than once so whomever did it had the info. Makes zero sense to me because all the log in information is in my head. Could have been a really weird fluke with a typo but all information is encrypted so a regular joe can't see anything, not even myself. If they were a hacker they would have just hacked in and taken my information and left it alone but this person actually scheduled payments. I laugh because they think they have made a payment on their card and nope, they didn't. Someone is going to have some serious late fees.

Either way, I'm monitoring all my bank transactions and have notified them that if a check comes through, it's not from me. I never write checks.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I get multiple scam emails from dirtbags, everyday, for accounts I don't/have never had. Various banks, PayPal, etc. It's like these people will stop at nothing, hoping to get a bite! I usually don't even open them, after rolling my pointer across their email info that frequently goes to some weird email address that is not even slightly related to the company that they want me to think they are. They go straight to my spam folder, for deletion.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree totally. I never click on links in emails. This is a weird situation. I sort of hate that all banks, credit cards, etc. have all of our information just sitting on their servers for anyone to eventually hack into. It would be so nice to go back to having hard files of all customers even though it would take much longer to get anything done.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I got two emails today from UPS stating that a package I had sent out on July 1st couldn't be sent because the recipient's address was incorrect. The emails wanted me to open a .zip file which was supposed to be an invoice copy and then go to UPS to pick up said package.

If someone gets this email and opens it, that zip file contains a virus.

I would not have opened it anyway, since I definitely did not send out anything via UPS on july 1st.

MRD

I never use my "personal" email account for anything except banking and a few things like that. I have an alternate email that I use when you have to register on a website, etc. That way, my personal account is just that: personal and if I do get spam, its on the other account. It sure cuts down on what I get at my regular email and my other email has a GREAT spam filter on it.
    But my husband who uses his regular email for everything gets hundreds of emails a week now that are just spam. I told him what to do and he won't do it. Oh well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3140281;
    I got two emails today from UPS stating that a package I had sent out on July 1st couldn't be sent because the recipient's address was incorrect. The emails wanted me to open a .zip file which was supposed to be an invoice copy and then go to UPS to pick up said package.

If someone gets this email and opens it, that zip file contains a virus.

I would not have opened it anyway, since I definitely did not send out anything via UPS on july 1st.
    Besides any shipper such as UPS or USPS or FEDEX etc., would go to the sender for reconfirmation....

+ Reply to Thread