+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Talk about your troubles

to you buglover......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks you guys. It's been a rollercoaster day for sure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3138618;
    Today would be my daughter's 15th birthday. I don't normally get emotional anymore because it has been 15 years but for some reason this year it hit me. Tonight I'm supposed to go to a Naughty Lady party at a neighbor's house and I'm really trying to get out of the funk so I can have a good time and laugh.

sometimes a good cry is a good thing for your emotional health.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I hope your evening turns out to be a fun time for you.

buglover what an emotional day this must be for you. I hope you're able to relax and laugh at your party.

misskitty I think it's amazing that you and your sister shared a womb and grew up in the same house but turned out so differently! I agree with mrd just be blunt and tell her she owes everyone something. Money, dinner, gift cards, whatever.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

misskitty, I just read this thread now...and I don't think your family should get her a housewarming gift after all (from the other thread). You all went beyond the call of duty. AND WHO THE HELL HAS ELDERLY PARENTS HELP THEM MOVE?! Honest to goodness. Even a child would say, "No, mom and dad--you're just here for moral support. You sit down and relax." OR, maybe, "Mom and dad, would you mind going to pick out some carryout lunch for all of us? Here's my credit card/$200/blank check. THANK YOU." What the heck? You all are her family and she didn't think one of you might get hungry or thirsty? Gees! I give sodas and snacks AND a cash tip to guys who deliver my furniture! She is a piece of work and I agree that you need to be direct with her--tell her that she needs to treat everyone to a nice meal at a restaurant or she needs to cook a nice meal for everyone who helped today. She should also send thank you notes and a small gift to everyone for saving her THOUSANDS of dollars in moving fees.

buglover, I am so sorry you're going through this. Though it hasn't been 15 years for me, I have an inkling of how you feel. I wish I could give you a huge hug right about now.

misskitty I have to agree with everyone in that you already gave your sinister the best gift and that was your time. It sounds as if she has everything she needs in terms of a family that loves her, I'd say she is the one that needs to be thinking of what gift she can give to you not the other way around.

buglover My baby's 14th birthday would have been the 12th of this month so I know how you're feeling. There's not a lot I can say that you haven't already heard but I can join in on the hug.
    CYA

Buglover and Bunny...

misskitty--I agree with mrd and especially Lois Lane! And I wonder how my sister can be up there and down here at the same time. (You have no idea how much this sounds like the exact type of thing mine did when she got her house!, including sitting there watching out 75 year old Dad rehang her cabinets after working him like a dog all day)
    I don't know wheter asking for a thank you is in order or not. Again, I can only relate it to my sister who sounds so much like yours--such a request would only result in a bunch of drama that I wouldn't want to hear.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Buglover, Bunny - I can only agree with what everyone else has said. My heart goes out to all of you in your difficult situations.

misskitty - Tell you sister she got her housewarming gift when she how x number of free hours of labor and call it a day. I don't expect that she'll get it - self-centered people never do - but at least you won't have invested any more of yourself.

MRD

Buglover, I'm so sorry. Sending you big hugs.

I too have a tough July, but the last few years haven't been as bad, but yet this year for some reason, I've had a problem. I lost my beloved grandmother who practically raised me and my dad and one of the best dogs we've ever had in the same month 9 years ago.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread