+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Me too famita

Wishing Katie and famita's coworker speedy recoveries!

MRD

I still have not heard from my friend. I tried to call her cell phone and get voicemail.

Thanks again guys for thinking of Katie. I'm really starting to worry, but still hope that no news is good news.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3127521;
    For some who-knows-why reason, I thought Bubbydoll was a guy!!! Maybe it was the name "Bubby", in my brain translating to "Bubba"? My most sincere apologies, Bubby! Guess you're not such a great son, after all, are you!?! Well, I still want to congratulate you on being such a good role model for young people moving back home, and doing the right thing. Keep your blood pressure down by staying out of your nutjob friend's dysfunctional family business; the more you stay in it, the more the likelihood that they will find a way to make something your fault..........but live and learn, if you must! Most of us have!

(You know, I was having trouble understanding why a guy would be so off into his buddy's business like it sounded like you were! Geez....Shay's brain fart strikes again! )
    That's okay. "Bubbydoll" is just another way to say "babydoll" it's a nickname my boyfriend calls me. So I chose it for my forum name because it makes me smile and think of him.

My friend is a guy I once dated for awhile but we never had sex, so we remained friends, but I think it's also why I feel at ease telling him knock it off.
    He blamed his mom soley and said shes nutty like that.. I had to laugh, he doesn't see how lame it all makes him.

Gutmutter- No, he isn't Italian, he's part Scottish (on his dads side) and Norwegian( on his moms) very similar to my own heritages.

MRD: Prayers sent to assist with your friend Katie's recovery

I just have to vent a bit. My evil twin sinister has been so demanding and ungrateful lately, I'm almost embarassed to be related to her. Everyone in my family, and even my sweetie, have been at her beck and call to help her move out of her apt. into her new (old) home. Even though we gave up our evenings, weekends, and holiday days to help her out, she never so much as bought a pizza for us. I brought bottled water, pop, cups, plates, utensils, low-alc. beer, pretzels, rice chips, apples, cantalope, and did food runs to get hamburgers with my Dad. I even brought my own food as I am on a diet and wanted to stick with it. My other sister brought some great Greek mini-pitas with a variety of wonderful home-made dips which were a lifesave more than once.

I had to make my Dad and Mom stop working and eat something and drink something as my sinister was just cracking her whip hour after hour. They are both senior citizens and were looking pale, tired, and hurting. We spent more than an hour taking apart her BBQ, which was at my place, and bungled it up so it would make a mark in her truck, washed it up, and re-set it up on her new deck, so she could enjoy it right away. My BIL and sweetie moved 3 pieces of slate from my sister's pool table, from a basement into a truck, and down to her basement. Along with the other parts of the pool table so she could save money. Those things are monstrously heavy! Everyone worked very hard with little or no breaks as my twin sinister's "schedule" was ridiculous, to say the least.

I know that she is still getting things in order, but would it be out of line to mention to her that she should plan a "thank-you/housewarming" for my parents, sister and BIL? One that includes food and drink for them? I honestly don't care about me. But she barely even said a "thank you" and basically said "now get out of my house so I can enjoy it."

What do you say to someone like that? : ohno
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How about, "Why does everyone kiss your butt to get along with you?"

How about, "Do you get dizzy being the center of everyone's universe?"
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-20-2008 at 03:22 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3138548;
    How about, "Do you get dizzy being the center of everyone's universe?"
    I may steal that, but maybe modify it a little--Do you get dizzy watching the world revolve around you?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Miss Kitty, I've found that with people like that you need to be blunt and just say:

You know, the entire family worked non-stop to get you moved, so what day and time should we be there for our thank you dinner?

And PS, that would be the LAST time any of you should help her out. Who asks people to help them move and then doesn't at LEAST provide food and drink to the helpers? I'm sorry, but that's just rude and taking advantage of people. Especially of family.

And remember this, just because she's family, doesn't mean you have to do everything they tell you either.
    I'm 46, my brother is 59 and he's been upset with me for the past couple years because I haven't done what he thinks I should do. Oh well, it's his problem. Last time I looked, I was an adult and he wasn't giving me any money, so I dont' have to answer to him at all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Today would be my daughter's 15th birthday. I don't normally get emotional anymore because it has been 15 years but for some reason this year it hit me. Tonight I'm supposed to go to a Naughty Lady party at a neighbor's house and I'm really trying to get out of the funk so I can have a good time and laugh.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover - it hit you because it is a milestone number. I am thinking of you.

+ Reply to Thread