+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1522Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

MRD- Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter, and please know that she's in my prayers.

She has my prayers, MRD
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Your friend, her daughter and you have my prayers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3134753;
    I used to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, only to end up trying to extricate myself from the nutjobs. Now I've learned to trust my intuition without question: if I have any sense, AT ALL, of the person being anywhere near a nutjob** -- STAY AWAY!!! Even if it means being a rude bitch. It's saved me lots of headaches and repetitions of the phrase "hindsight is 20/20."
    ** the psychopathic ones, not the fun nutjobs like me
    Exactly! I fully understand. I've learned to keep folks at an arm's distance until I have "cleared" them. I have a dear friend whom, between the two of us, can spot the nuts from down the block and around the corner. Of course, we've always had a running laugh about the 'crazies' being drawn to her! We worked with the public, as a team for a really long time, and it has became easier and easier to spot. I think it's amazing how many bizarre people are walking around out here. Whereas they would be drawn to her...that would allow me to stand back and just observe them. Unbelievable!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Thanks all. My friends were flying to Colorado Springs this evening (where their daughter lives) and should be landing about now, so I don't know when I will hear anything more. I told her to call me even if it was 2 a.m.

But on her behalf, I thank you for the thoughts and prayers. She asked me to put her daughter on as many prayer lists as I could. I knew you all would come through.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

MRD, Katie is on my prayer list too! (Katie is my favorite name-if I'd had a daughter, that would have been her name)

If you all could say a prayer for my officemate. After the biopsy (they had to wait until the massive infection was gone), the drs couldn't make a determination as to what kind the tumor was. They apparently are going to do surgery to remove the tumor and study it then, but they have to wait until her strength/weight is back somewhat more than what it is right now. She has some spunk left, but is losing it. The drs in our town hospital did not do her any good, and in fact did a little (!) harm. I hope I don't ever have to go there!

famita - Your coworker is added to my prayer list. I hope things start to go better for her soon.

Has anybody heard how Zac is doing?

MRD

Famita, I hope she will be ok.

I still haven't heard from my friends about Katie, I'm hoping no news is good news.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Famita - your co-worker is on my thoughts and prayers list.

ScoutMom - Last I read was that he had another round and was tired but seems to be doing ok. Maybe Unk can update us.

Famita- I will add your co-worker to my prayers as well. MRD, keep us posted about Katie.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread