+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Ah, but I've picked up a few strays that ended up being purebreds too.
    Life is a risk. And if you don't gamble occasionally, sometimes you miss out on winning a jackpot occasionally.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I used to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, only to end up trying to extricate myself from the nutjobs. Now I've learned to trust my intuition without question: if I have any sense, AT ALL, of the person being anywhere near a nutjob** -- STAY AWAY!!! Even if it means being a rude bitch. It's saved me lots of headaches and repetitions of the phrase "hindsight is 20/20."

** the psychopathic ones, not the fun nutjobs like me
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-16-2008 at 11:16 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I agree with Yardgnome that you shouldn't involve the museum director in your friendship problem, MRD. The stalker in question isn't a museum employee or volunteer so I'm not really sure what the director has to do with any of it. Maybe I've missed something?

Alternatively, you can invite her to lunch out and show up in a green speedo ala Newf. That'll end the friendship pretty quickly.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD...so sorry that you're having to deal with this. It's no fun realizing that someone is not the person you thought they were. Just curious, is this the same woman that you spoke of getting close to, the one who came to dinner at your house with her daughter?
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3135069;
    MRD...so sorry that you're having to deal with this. It's no fun realizing that someone is not the person you thought they were. Just curious, is this the same woman that you spoke of getting close to, the one who came to dinner at your house with her daughter?
    No, t hat woman has turned into a very lovely and fun friend and is a case of me putting myself out there and finding a treasure instead of a nutjob. We have had a blast together. And I'm so glad that I made the effort to introduce myself and invite her to lunch. We have done quite a few fun things together and talk on the phone almost every day. She is one of the ones that came over on 4th of July. In fact, we are over at each other's houses at least once a week now. And the museum staff calls us the bobsy twins because they think we look like we could be sisters and we usually volunteer together now too. That has worked out EXTREMELY well. And through her, I've met some other lovely and fun people too.

The reason I wanted to tell the director is that the marketing manager is involved and from what has happened with him, I'm afraid this nutjob will do or say something to the director about me that is untrue. She shows up at the museum quite a bit, so the museum is sort of involved. And her being so nosy about the other staff at the museum with me has set off warning flags.
    Quite honestly, I think and so does the marketing guy that she wants a job there and might do just about anything to get one.

I'm going to talk to him first and see what he's done. He had told me he was planning on taking this to the museum director as she harrasses him using the museum phone number and email. She doesn't have his home email or phone number. And she is calling the museum daily to ask if I'm there. So I think that sort of makes it a little about the museum.

I think I'll trust my gut on this one as to what to do. I'll talk to the marketing person and see what happens with him and then decide.
    But so far so good. No contact with her in almost 24 hours.

And Ellen, the nutjobs like me (and my friend that I made that has become a good friend) are fun. The pyschopaths are not. You sure got that right.

MRD

A good friend of mine just called me and her 25 year old daughter is in ICU with a pulmonary embolism. She almost died last night and is still not out of the woods yet.
    The poor girl has been through hell and back because of a bad car accident years ago and has had to endure several back surgeries. She was finally starting to see the light and just recently got married in May. But the past year has finally seen her back start to improve. They have NO idea what caused the embolism as she is not one of the "at risk' people for it because she hasn't been on a long trip, hasn't had recent surgery, etc.

Anyway, she called and asked me to put her on the prayer chain at our church and I thought I would ask you all to pray for her too. Her name is Katie and she's had such a rough few years that everyone was finally starting to relax and was so happy that she was able to get married and basically start over again and now this.

ETA: sure has made me put my problems with the nutjob into perspective. I'm not going to worry about the flake hassling me. Things could be so much worse.

I will keep Katie in my prayers. Please let us know how she's doing.

MRD, Katie and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I am very sorry to hear about Katie and will keep her and her family in my thoughts. Keep us posted on her, ok?

MRD, please let Kate and her family know she is in our prayers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread