+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1617Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

  1. #6481
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    This is a very small museum, there is no HR. The museum director pretty much is HR.
    The staff boils down to a handful of people:

    Director
    Director of education and programs
    Curator of collections
    IT
    Marketing
    Events and gift shop manager
    Bookkeeper
    Volunteer co-ordinator and office assistant
    Education program manager
    and 3 or 4 people that man the reception desk and staff the gift shop.

    It never fails. My life is going swimmingly and then wham-o! Some idiot steps in to stir up trouble.

    But I am confident I will get this resolved. After all, I am Senior Docent, Volunteer of the year, have the most volunteer hours logged and this woman has nothing to do with the museum other than occasional visitor and now troublemaker.
    Surely, I have credibility with the staff right?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  2. #6482
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3133775;
    this woman has nothing to do with the museum other than occasional visitor and now troublemaker.
    Surely, I have credibility with the staff right?
    MRD, I might be in the minority here but I wouldn't say anything to the Director about this. It sounds like the woman doesn't volunteer or work for the museum so the Director has nothing she can really do about it anyway. I personally would just not respond to her emails or phone calls and if you see her around say "hi" and leave it at that. Especially since you say she is occasionally a visitor, it shouldn't be that hard to avoid her.

    I know you have been looking for a full-time job with the museum and you don't want to be seen as a busybody by the Director (I'm not saying you are). I think be the bigger person here and just ignore her and go on with your business. If people see that you don't associate with her, they will know that her lies are just that, lies.

  3. #6483
    FORT Fogey ScoutMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,054

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3133877;
    MRD, I might be in the minority here but I wouldn't say anything to the Director about this. It sounds like the woman doesn't volunteer or work for the museum so the Director has nothing she can really do about it anyway. I personally would just not respond to her emails or phone calls and if you see her around say "hi" and leave it at that. Especially since you say she is occasionally a visitor, it shouldn't be that hard to avoid her.

    I know you have been looking for a full-time job with the museum and you don't want to be seen as a busybody by the Director (I'm not saying you are). I think be the bigger person here and just ignore her and go on with your business. If people see that you don't associate with her, they will know that her lies are just that, lies.
    Ordinarily, I'd agree with this; however, if this woman were saying things that weren't true or were misleading about me, I'd want to do something about it. IMO, it's best to say something, but then let it drop. At least that way, the Director knows something's up, but isn't being bugged about it constantly.

  4. #6484
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,099

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    I'm trying to figure out why you would even acknowledge her presence with a "Hi,"? And written documentation, with anyone you talk to about this, is your best friend, should you need to take this further. I don't think that can be stressed enough. I've been down some pretty crappy roads, and I've learned that writing can be your friend. Luck to you, and learn to be very, very discriminating about whom you invite into your world.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #6485
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    You know, when I first met her, she seemed completely normal. It was only after knowing for for a couple months now that things have gotten out of control.

    I think I am fairly careful about who I invite in my world, but there are times when even the nuts can get past you at first.

    I'm taking care of this in an appropriate manner and I've cut off contact with her. There is now nothing more I can do.

    As far as making friends, sometimes you have to go out on a limb and trust someone a little tiny bit when you first meet them or go through life lonely and without friends because you are afraid to put yourself out there to meet people and form relationships with them. Fortunately I've had good luck with most of my friends. Had I been warned ahead of time about her, I wouldn't have agreed to any contact. But again, she appeared normal at first. It was only later, that things went south.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #6486
    FORT Fan Shaybo II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    MRD-I'm sorry to hear about what's going on and I hope that the issue is resolved. If she's making you feel this uncomfortable and shes stalking someone that works for the museum then you should bring it to the director's attention.

  7. #6487
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    I am speechless reading about this crazy woman, that's why I haven't posted anything. I think you should just ignore her, no "hi" or anything unless she says it first and give the Museum director a heads up.

  8. #6488
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,703

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    myrosie, I agree that sometimes you have to put yourself out there with people and unfortunately sometimes you do encounter the crazies wearing normal people's clothing. When my husband was active duty military I became friendly with a woman who I slowly learned was a real nutjob. She was good at hiding it so it took a while before pieces started falling into place. I slowly extricated from her but never cut off total contact because of her and my husband working together. When we moved to a new post and I found out they were going to a different one, it was one of the happiest days of my life.

    I hope you can have better luck being rid of her than the poor guy at the museum. Did she respond to the email you sent her?

  9. #6489
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3134271;
    myrosie, I agree that sometimes you have to put yourself out there with people and unfortunately sometimes you do encounter the crazies wearing normal people's clothing. When my husband was active duty military I became friendly with a woman who I slowly learned was a real nutjob. She was good at hiding it so it took a while before pieces started falling into place. I slowly extricated from her but never cut off total contact because of her and my husband working together. When we moved to a new post and I found out they were going to a different one, it was one of the happiest days of my life.

    I hope you can have better luck being rid of her than the poor guy at the museum. Did she respond to the email you sent her?
    Archie, thanks. I'm sorry it happened to you too, but it is kind of comforting to know that I'm not the only one that met someone who appeared normal until you got to know her. I guess misery loves company? But I'm glad it worked out for you. THis woman was good at hiding it too and like I said my husband met her and never thought she was a nutjob and he's usually a lot better at spotting them than I am. He actually liked her and he doesn't like too many people. But she is really smart and they could carry on an intelligent conversation and that is why he thought she was ok. She is capable of being extremely intelligent and likable, but then she goes off on these tangents and you get a glimpse when the mask slips. But it took a while for me to see her when her mask had slipped.

    She posted some stupid thing on my facebook page that had nothing to do with anything, but she hasn't replied to my email.
    I am thinking about deleting my facebook page. I never use the stupid thing and only go on there when I get an email saying someone has left me a message.


    Thanks all of you. You have given me some good advice. I swear someone needs to develop a crazy detector. Kind of like a geiger counter that goes off when it senses that this is someone you should steer clear of.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #6490
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,099

    Re: Talk about your troubles

    I guess this can be a lesson to all of us....be careful of the 'strays' that you bring home!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.