+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I have pot-stirrers at the community center, so this starts really early. Miss Shay is known for saying, "This has nothing to do with you, so stay out of it. Nobody called your name!" They get that sheepish look, and step away.

I even remember having to "pull up" my own son, once. I'm just glad I was there to do it. And it was right in front of his little friends.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My dog is a poopy-head. Literally. Already hosed him down twice. and having to wash all the covers - so much for a peaceful Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3127586;
    ... Miss Shay is known for saying, "This has nothing to do with you, so stay out of it. Nobody called your name!"
    I'm going to remember that phrase, Miss Shay!

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2
    ...My dog is a poopy-head. Literally. Already hosed him down twice. and having to wash all the covers - so much for a peaceful Sunday.
    So glad I have kitties.

---

So my sweetie was supposed to drive up yesterday afternoon for a visit and to help my twin sinister pack whatevers left. He isn't here yet. He isn't going to be able to make it until after supper. There's goes my help. And two days of visiting.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3127586;
    I have pot-stirrers at the community center, so this starts really early. Miss Shay is known for saying, "This has nothing to do with you, so stay out of it. Nobody called your name!" They get that sheepish look, and step away.

I even remember having to "pull up" my own son, once. I'm just glad I was there to do it. And it was right in front of his little friends.
    Oh, they learn that early and many never learn not to do it. I know 70 year olds that still stir the pot.

I have a friend that refused to disclipine her child in front of others because it would "embarrass" her. Well embarrass her and she won't do that crap AGAIN!! The kid was awful. Pot stirrer, tattle tale, you name it. Call them out on it in front of their friends and they'll think twice before they do it again. I bet your son did prhoshay didn't he?

So I guess I need to tell the pot stirrer I know, please don't call MY name, I have nothing to do with this!!! (other than I know both parties involved. And I may be knowing one a LOT less in the future if this keeps up)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, put it this way, he didn't do it again in my presence. I'd like to think that he didn't ever do it again, but I guess I really don't know. This is the kind of drama that he has claimed to really like. He was about to tell one of his buddies what another buddy's mother said about 1st buddy's dad! Unbelieveable!

And the mother was sitting right there!! Her words were, "Thanks for busting me out, Mikey!" Only an idiot doesn't know to watch what you say in front of children.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-13-2008 at 02:04 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3127738;
    Well, put it this way, he didn't do it again in my presence. I'd like to think that he didn't ever do it again, but I guess I really don't know. This is the kind of drama that he has claimed to really like. He was about to tell one of his buddies what another buddy's mother said about 1st buddy's dad! Unbelieveable!

And the mother was sitting right there!! Her words were, "Thanks for busting me out, Mikey!" Only an idiot doesn't know to watch what you say in front of children.
    Oh yeah, if you don't want it repeated (usually in a way that will doubly embarrass you), the do NOT say it in front of a child. And be careful what you say when they are in the room or car and you "think" they aren't paying attention to you, because that's when they are in "stealth mode" and are appearing to watch tv, but have their ears run out on poles to catch what you are talking about and then waiting for the moment when they can repeat it and totally embarrass you!!!!

My dad used to say there were 3 ways of communication (remember this was before computers, faxes, etc.)
    Telegraph, Telephone and Tell a kid!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The threat of embarassment in front of their friends always seemed to work on my kids. They knew that it wasn't an empty threat and that I would follow through.
    CYA

Man, I had it good. Mine were pretty good in our hometown. When we'd travel to relatives about 1/2 hour before we got there, I give them the standard lecture (if you say anything outside the normal band of conversation I will rip your lips off and feed them to the dog!). The trouble was, there was never anything to gossip about, so it became an empty threat!

My sweetie couldn't make it up to visit yesterday either. He may be able to drive up today. Maybe the third try will be successful.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3129327;
    My sweetie couldn't make it up to visit yesterday either. He may be able to drive up today. Maybe the third try will be successful.
    misskitty, if he does make it, do you think this would be a good time to have "the talk" with him about your relationship status and how the long distance thing isn't really working for you anymore? I know making that decision is not easy but it's better to do it in person then over the phone or in an email, and it sounds like you don't have too many opportunities to see him face to face. You might be surprised to find that he feels the same way.

With him not being able to move and you not being able to move, it seems like it will just stay the same. Not that that's a bad thing if you both like it that way but you've said in your posts that it's starting to not work for you. It's better to deal with it now then to let it keep continuing when you already know in your heart that you want a more tangible relationship. It sounds like with him that you could continue a friendship, unlike the ex who seems like a total flake. You could still continue to see him (as a friend) at any of the jobs you have lined up.

I don't think that until you are free from this relationship that you will open yourself up to any possibilities that might come up. It sounds like it's time to move on, even though it will be painful. It's not anyone's fault, it's just not a situation that allows for progress unfortunately and in the long run that's not healthy for either of you. Time passes and you don't want to be in the same situation a year from now knowing that it's never going to change.

We're here for you and will help you get through this when you do decide the time is right to talk to him.

+ Reply to Thread