+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

I think it's one thing to help your kids when they need it, it's another to enable a lifestyle that doesn't include taking any personal responsibility and taking advantage of the parent(s).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well new topic of trouble. Mr buglover will be leaving in Sept for Mexico to finally have his bunion removed. I cannot go because I need to work and my son has to go to school. He will be there for almost 3 weeks. He has not had any major surgery in his life and has only been put under once for his wisdom teeth in his early twenties. He is in good physical health but I cannot help but worry. I've asked him to put together a list of accounts with numbers, etc. because I am not on any of his bank accounts. I have my own and he has his own. Am I being too cautious about making sure affairs are in order? Any surgery is risky surgery and this is no exception.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think you're smart, buglover, to get all that information together. You're right - you never know what is going to happen. Any surgery, no matter how minor, is still surgery. It's a shame you won't be able to be with him. I hope all goes well and he's home again before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3123772;
    I think you're smart, buglover, to get all that information together. You're right - you never know what is going to happen. Any surgery, no matter how minor, is still surgery. It's a shame you won't be able to be with him. I hope all goes well and he's home again before you know it.
    Thanks. I know it will be fine but I tend to prepare for the worst so..... I will be prepared 100%!
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I hope his surgery goes well. For what it's worth, I had bunion surgery many years ago and it went swimmingly. The doc told me to stay off my foot for 2-3 weeks, so I used vacation time to sit around the house and read. My foot is completely fine now and the bunion never returned. As for getting all the papers in order, that's a smart idea for all of us in general. You don't want to be scrambling around for things later.

Thanks Lois. It's good to know someone who has gone through it and it has gone well. The doctor is confident and this is all he does, bone surgeries. It has been hurting him for years and the x-ray he got a year ago really showed how much the bone is just taking over the whole foot and needs to be shaved down before it cripples him forever. I know he will be on crutches for a while after the surgery but the mere fact he will not wake up in massive pain once all is healed gives me the biggest smile ever!
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

buglover, an added bonus was that when the surgeon went in, he found a cyst (benign), but he removed that while he was in there, too! I know all surgeries could be dangerous, but it really is one of the more "common" ones that have few complications. Just saw that he was going to Mexico for the surgery. Do you guys have a doc there as well?

MRD

Buglover, I hope his surgery goes well.
    I think it's always a good thing to get all your paperwork in order and in one place anytime.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3124130;
    Buglover, I hope his surgery goes well.
    I think it's always a good thing to get all your paperwork in order and in one place anytime.
    Absolutely---he--or you--could be hit by a car on the way to work, you don't have to have surgery to need this info. Use it as motivation to get all the info organized for both of you, then put it some place your son's guardian could find it in case you both get wiped out. How's that for cheerful! Of course I should talk... all I know is the info is somewhere in a huge rolltop desk.... or one of the boxes next to it.
    Best of luck on his surgery, sounds like it is really due!

buglover, can I ask why mrbuglover is going to Mexico for surgery? I know it's really none of my beeswax but I'm really curious.

I hope the surgery goes perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread