+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273741141645641064 ... LastLast
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    ...I just kept thinking about my poor dog and how alone he must feel.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to get it out.
    I'd be thinking that too Combat. Awwww, your post made me cry. I have a dog and I know how much your dog must mean to you. It's tough and I'm so sorry that your dog is sick. I'd be bawling my eyes out too-so you cry if you want to...you have every right to. I'm so sorry and I'm gonna pray for your little baby and hope for the best. I start crying myself when I just think about my bolldog not feeling well. I feel your pain honey and you keep your chin up!

Hang in there.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

comabtcutie - i sure hope your dog is much better. i know what it's like to be really attached to your animal, and to have them sick. I will be hoping the best for your dog, and keeping you in my thoughts.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey
    To everyone who's been going through a rough time lately I send a big to you all from Powder the American Eskimo, Tuxedo the Pomeranian, Smudge the Weekend Cat, and me. Since it's the weekend my Weekend Cat is here to participate in the group hug and he's mighty happy to do it!

I haven't posted in this thread much lately 'cause I've been swamped with work -- in a good way -- but I do check in on it and see what's going on.

I'm keeping you all in my throughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Thanks you guys. It helps knowing that you all are here to lend me an ear.
    Hey combatcutie, I'm here for you and it's my pleasure to lend you not only an ear, but also an inner ear!

All I can say is HANG IN THERE with Sam.

My dog Powder, the 11.5 year old American Eskimo, went through something identical over the summer, and her dramatic episode was even preceded by a couple of unsteady days during which she was vomiting. I didn't think much of it until she was suddenly stuck on the floor, splayed out like a drunk with a brain tumor that burst, and it scared me to death.

It's an awful thing to see your elderly dog be fine one minute and then totally incapacitated the next. I thought she was going to be put to sleep 'cause I thought the same thing you've been thinking -- stroke, brain tumor, neurological disease gone wild, etc., etc.

I bawled my head off and I was absolutely devastated by the shock of Powder going down, 'cause all along I was preparing for the demise of my even more elderly dog, Casey the Pomeranian (my avatar), who had been in congestive heart failure for a couple of months.

I was preparing for the passing of him, not Powder (who'd been in great health up until her incident) and in all my upset I even said to my av, "Hey Casey, no offense little buddy, but YOU'RE the one on death's door, so this is supposed to be YOU! I'm prepared for this to be YOU, not Powder"

That just underscores how shocking and sudden Powder's collapse was.

I took her to Angell in Boston for an emergency evaluation and, thank goodness, she improved by the time we got there. She wasn't perfect but she had improved.

Turns out she had an episode of Vestibular Syndrome, caused by inflammation of the inner ear.

According to the literature it's a relatively common phenomenon in elderly dogs.

The GREAT NEWS is that once an old dog goes through an episode of it they almost never go through another one. It does pass and they do rebound from it.

In Powder's case, she's much better now than she was that night. She does shake her head more now than she used to (as if something in her ear bothers her) but her balance is back and the vomiting's stopped and the scary parts are over.

So hang in there, Combatcutie. I'm very hopeful that Sam's going to come out of this episode well, like Powder did.

It was a very scary thing to go through, but it made me much more realistic and appreciative of the time I'm spending with this cute old girl. All along I'd been focusing on my avatar in heart failure (who finally passed away in October) and I'd been ignoring the fact that Powder could go, too.

Going through this scary incident with Perfect Powder was a total shocker for me 'cause it was completely unexpected, but it was a good thing, in a way, 'cause it made me appreciate each and every day with each pet (and each person in my life), one day at a time.

Good luck and take care and keep us posted.
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 02-05-2005 at 06:29 AM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Our little nugget of cuteness is doing much better - thanks everyone for the nice messages. She's slowly getting better...it's just that Bailee's never been sick....so this is all new to her parents. I mean, Bailee out-runs germs at the speed of light...

Glad to hear she is getting better JD
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Update on my job situation. My boss talked to the 401K guy and he said I could actually get a loan from my account (up to half which would be $3000) and I wouldn't have to pay taxes or penalties unless I don't pay back the loan. It would cost me $30 every two weeks for five years. I thank I am going to take that route, that way I would have a 5 or 6 month cushion so I can stay with the company to see if it soars or goes down in flames. Wish me luck, guys.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Right on, Dag! It's a hassle, I'm sure, but better than the alternative. I hope it all works out for you.

BEST of luck, Dagwood!! I really wish you the best.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Thanks guys. I am sure everything will be fine. The new boss is going to start selling our services tomorrow. He is a good sales person so I am sure it shouldn't be too bad.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Best of luck dagwood. Hopefully, the new boss will be able to turn the company around for the better

Update on Sam: he is doing much better. He is walking on his own. His head is still tilted, but not as bad. He won't eat the canned dog food that the vet said to get, but he is eating people food. He is on oral medication (which is kicking his butt. They are making him super tired). I want to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers. Like Pomeraniac said, something like this makes you realize that they will not always be here and to cherish every minute you have with them.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread