+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3089444;
    Sherri,
    As for the bra thing, (I can't remember if you are married or not, so please forgive me), but supposedly that is something all teenage boys practice from all those American Graffiti and Porky's type movies I've seen, so maybe ask your S.O. or spouse or just a male friend to tell you how they all seem to be able to do it. (some humor to make you smile while you're not feeling well)
    Nope not married, but I was teasing one of my sons (he's 22), that he was going to have to show me how to do it. At first he said no way in heck, but came back later and told me he would help if I really wanted him to. Poor kid, he feels so bad! I told him I was only kidding, and he said he knew that, but if I really needed help he would do it. Have I ever told you guys how much I love my kids?!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3089480;
    Nope not married, but I was teasing one of my sons (he's 22), that he was going to have to show me how to do it. At first he said no way in heck, but came back later and told me he would help if I really wanted him to. Poor kid, he feels so bad! I told him I was only kidding, and he said he knew that, but if I really needed help he would do it. Have I ever told you guys how much I love my kids?!
    Sherri, that's so great that your kids want to help. I know some grown kids that would have to be "guilted" into that.
    I hope you're able to figure it out. Or just go braless for a while. Or do what my mom did when she had back surgery and couldn't wear a bra for a while. She just wore a tight men's undershirt under everything. It didn't give lift, but it did reduce jiggle.
    Or maybe some of those sports bras that go over your head and don't have clasps (although I think they make you look like you have a uni-boob instead of 2-or they do on me anyway, but for a temp. fix, they'd be ok)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yikes Sherri, I'm sure that brought an end to that fun. I hope your hand will heal in no time.

Sherri, hope you are feeling much better today. I think the first day and part of the second day are usually the worst, as your body is still in a state of shock. Sounds very scary though. Ouch!

I see you are typing quite well though!

As for the bra, if you are just going to be hanging in the pjs for a spell, skip the bra completely!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3089795;
    Sherri, hope you are feeling much better today. I think the first day and part of the second day are usually the worst, as your body is still in a state of shock. Sounds very scary though. Ouch!

I see you are typing quite well though!

As for the bra, if you are just going to be hanging in the pjs for a spell, skip the bra completely!
    Good thing you aren't talking about me, as this would be pretty literal in my case if I skipped the bra.

I was going to say "hang in there Sherri", but I will wish you speedy recovery instead!

I hope it isn't too painful. I don't recall my husband being in that much pain from his after the first couple of days. He had more trouble with the stitches itching. So I hope you don't have pain or itching.

Hope you feel better soon, Sherri!

As for the bra, pretend it's the '60s and enjoy the feeling of freedom. (yeah, I know -- easier said than done.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

We're having a 60's music and culture event at the museum next week, so Sherri, ditch the bra and come join us for an "authentic" event.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3090306;
    We're having a 60's music and culture event at the museum next week, so Sherri, ditch the bra and come join us for an "authentic" event.
    That sounds like so much fun, believe me, I would if I could!!

Sherri - after breast cancer surgery I discovered the tank tops with shelf bras built in. Now I have over a dozen of them in different colors. They are comfy and supportive. I still wear a regular bra occasionally but not often.
    Count your blessings!

I let my man-boobs go wherever the wind and tides gravity takes them
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread