+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

You may remember that a week ago, one of my staff died unexpectedly at the age of 40. One of the areas of our campus is the Jewish Home and Care center (nursing & rehab) and today there was a great memorial service for Chad, this was a first for the Jewish Home in it's 102 years of existence, having a memorial service for a fallen staff member. It was very touching, the Rabbi was in tears a few times, I'd say 95% of the staff, residents and Chads family were in tears, but there were stories told, laughter came out and we said goodbye to a dear employee who was with us for only 2 years.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;3079888;
    Last night around midnight, there was a shooting at a plastic factory, the suspect went outside to talk to his supervisor then the co-workers heard a shotgun,then walked in and killed co-workers and then himself. There are five people dead right now and one in the hospital.
    14 WFIE, The Tri-State's News Leader: Update: Suspect and victims names released

The community is very small. and it is just a total shock. My heart and my prayers go out to the community and to the ones who have lost their loved ones.
    What is wrong with people? No value for human life? My thoughts and prayers are with the community and the families
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

That's so nice that you all remembered him in that way gabriel. Recalling the life of a loved one can help overcome the grief now and again.

Unk: I'm so sorry to heat about your grandson, Zac. I'm sending great loads of healing energy to him! I hope the treatment he gets is successful!

gabriel: How nice that they held a memorial for Chad there so you could all attend. I'm sure he will be remembered with the fondest thoughts.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3079894;
    You may remember that a week ago, one of my staff died unexpectedly at the age of 40. One of the areas of our campus is the Jewish Home and Care center (nursing & rehab) and today there was a great memorial service for Chad, this was a first for the Jewish Home in it's 102 years of existence, having a memorial service for a fallen staff member. It was very touching, the Rabbi was in tears a few times, I'd say 95% of the staff, residents and Chads family were in tears, but there were stories told, laughter came out and we said goodbye to a dear employee who was with us for only 2 years.
    Gabriel, that sounds like a very moving service and tribute to your co-worker.

I always think it's nice to remember the good times and have laughter even at so sad a time. The laughter helps us all heal and remember our loved ones fondly, which is what I always believe they would want.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm glad everyone had that opportunity for closure and remembrance, gabriel.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Unk, I hadn't been in this thread for a while...I'm so sorry about your grandson. I'll be praying for him and wishing the best for him and your entire family.

So I did something really stupid and am off work for at least a week & possibly longer.

Yesterday we were roasting hotdogs and marshmallows with the grandkids. I couldn't find our roasting sticks, so I asked one of my older sons to sharpen some sticks for the little ones to use. To make a long story short, I accidently turned into the knife he had used and severed the tendons to my right hand and wrist. 3 layers of stitches and four hours later, everything is fixed, but it sure hurts like the devil!

My son feels horrible. I keep telling him it wasn't his fault, I'm the one that turned into the knife. But he of course still blames himself.

Of course it had to be my right hand! I guess I had better learn to use the left one really fast. So today, I'm living in my pjs. Last night taking out my contacts and getting undressed and into pjs was almost impossible. I never knew unsnapping a bra one handed could be so difficult!

Oh my goodness Sherri..... ouch!! I hope you heal quickly and can use your arm soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3089432;
    So I did something really stupid and am off work for at least a week & possibly longer.

Yesterday we were roasting hotdogs and marshmallows with the grandkids. I couldn't find our roasting sticks, so I asked one of my older sons to sharpen some sticks for the little ones to use. To make a long story short, I accidently turned into the knife he had used and severed the tendons to my right hand and wrist. 3 layers of stitches and four hours later, everything is fixed, but it sure hurts like the devil!

My son feels horrible. I keep telling him it wasn't his fault, I'm the one that turned into the knife. But he of course still blames himself.

Of course it had to be my right hand! I guess I had better learn to use the left one really fast. So today, I'm living in my pjs. Last night taking out my contacts and getting undressed and into pjs was almost impossible. I never knew unsnapping a bra one handed could be so difficult!

Sherri,
    I hope you heal quickly and aren't in any pain. My husband did that a few years ago and he was good as new in about 2 weeks. Of course, he horrified his doctor by removing the stitches himself. But that's another story.

As for the bra thing, (I can't remember if you are married or not, so please forgive me), but supposedly that is something all teenage boys practice from all those American Graffiti and Porky's type movies I've seen, so maybe ask your S.O. or spouse or just a male friend to tell you how they all seem to be able to do it. (some humor to make you smile while you're not feeling well)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread