+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm praying for a quick recovery for Zac. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to support Zac or you, Unk.

Quote Originally Posted by famita2;3075723;
    Maybe in honor of Zac, we'll want to give donations of coloring books, crayons, books to our area hospitals. I'm continuting to be optimistic for Zac!
    I think that sounds like a wonderful idea famita. I'm sure there are a lot of kids in local hospitals who aren't as blessed by all the support Zac has who would really appreciate the donations.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD

I'll put together a bag of stuff and drop it off at the children's hospital here. That's a great idea Famita.

Unk, we will continue to pray that he does so well. Please keep us updated.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk I am sorry to hear about Zac's diagnosis and pray that his treatment and recovery go smoothly. Recently, a good friend was diagnosed with Leukemia. He has no siblings so finding a bone marrow donar has proven to be very challenging. For the first time, I was tested and registered on the potential donar list. Apparently it takes up to 6 months to learn whether or not you are a match to someone in need. I hope I can help someone out there.
    To those of you who are getting the idea to donate stuff to children in need, you may also want to consider a bone marrow screening. Simple swab of your mouth, and answer some questions.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;3076290;
    Unk I am sorry to hear about Zac's diagnosis and pray that his treatment and recovery go smoothly. Recently, a good friend was diagnosed with Leukemia. He has no siblings so finding a bone marrow donar has proven to be very challenging. For the first time, I was tested and registered on the potential donar list. Apparently it takes up to 6 months to learn whether or not you are a match to someone in need. I hope I can help someone out there.
    To those of you who are getting the idea to donate stuff to children in need, you may also want to consider a bone marrow screening. Simple swab of your mouth, and answer some questions.
    I have an appointment with my general practitioner next week, is that something she can do, or do I need to go somewhere else to do it?
    I had actually thought about doing this before and never did, but now seems like a good time to do that.
    What disqualifies you? I have anemia so I am not able to donate blood. Is that something that would disqualify me to become a bone marrow donor?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3075913;
    I think that sounds like a wonderful idea famita. I'm sure there are a lot of kids in local hospitals who aren't as blessed by all the support Zac has who would really appreciate the donations.
    Exactly Mariner! Zac is truly blessed by the support he has been getting. As I've mentioned before it is going to make my fund raising for Children's Hospital even sweeter this year!

Hopefully there will be a great payback from the positive karma you've build up with your annual fund raisers
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

for Zac and his family. We'll be sending prayers your way.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

to you and Zac, Unk. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

MRD....here is a link to donor guidelines. I don't think you could qualify though...due to your fibromyalgia, etc.

Medical Guidelines for Joining the Registry - NMDP donor health guidelines

Ana, my brother-in-law needed a bone marrow transplant and only had one sibling. Turns out he was not a match, so my BIL had to go through both national and international donor registries. It took him about 10 months before the registry located two potential donors. Then it was a few more weeks before they narrowed it down to which one was the better candidate.

Last night around midnight, there was a shooting at a plastic factory, the suspect went outside to talk to his supervisor then the co-workers heard a shotgun,then walked in and killed co-workers and then himself. There are five people dead right now and one in the hospital.
    http://www.14wfie.com/global/story.asp?s=8551083

The community is very small. and it is just a total shock. My heart and my prayers go out to the community and to the ones who have lost their loved ones.

+ Reply to Thread