+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Unklescott, adding my good thoughts and prayers for your family, especially your Zac.

I hope that Mr. Zac is up and out of the hospital and fishing with his Daddy again soon. He and the rest of your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Unk, I'll keep Zac in my prayers. Hopefully he can get by with a few weeks of treatment.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Unk, Zac is in my prayers. I am wishing him a speedy recovery. You and you family are in my thoughts!

MRD

Unk,

I know the hospital can be a scary place for kids (my daughter has had surgery twice when she was about your grandson's age and I remember it was difficult for her), so would it be possible for us to send Zac cards? Or would that be inappropriate since we don't know him? I was thinking of something funny and encouraging that would help get his mind off things. And maybe something like puzzle books or coloring books if he enjoys those?

Plus I know how much kids enjoy getting mail of their own.

If you think that is a good idea, please PM me the address of the hospital so I can send him something.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk, I'm so sorry, I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Famita- I hope things worked out okay. That sounds like an uncomfortable situation.

Unk I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts during this time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3071426;
    My seven year old grandson is in Children's Hospital. It has been determined that he has leukemia. He was admitted last Tuesday. He hasn't been feeling well for the last few weeks, nauseous, tired, etc. My son went to the doctor with him Tuesday to try to find an answer. When my son pointed out that he was walking funny they decided to do an x-ray of his stomach to see if anything was there. The x-ray showed a discoloration of the bones around his pelvis and chest area. He was told to take the child to Children's asap as they were afraid it was cancer.
    After numerous cat scans, MRI's and blood work it was determined that he has leukemia. They still haven't determined which type he has, Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) or Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) . He had a bone marrow test Friday and his first dose of chemo at that time. We still don't know how long he will be at the hospital. It could be 3 weeks or 3 months depending on the type of leukemia. Please keep Zac in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully he and his dad will be out fishing again real soon.

OMG Unk, I'm just catching up with this thread. I am so sorry about your grandson. He will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

The test results have confirmed that Zac has Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. This means he will be able to go home relatively soon, Monday or Tuesday of next week, and go back to the hospital weekly for treatments instead of having to stay in the hospital for an extended period. He had a a long-term IV catheter put in his chest yesterday which will be used for the chemo. This way he won't be getting poked all the time for blood draws, etc. It's still going to be a long drawn out process and I'm sure there will be some rough days ahead but at least we are starting down the road to recovery.
    I stayed overnight with him last night. After a few rounds of Grand Theft Auto on PS2, a King Of The Hill marathon and a Godzilla movie it was 20 questions night.
    How many brothers and sisters do you have? Who's the nicest? (Me of course ) Who's the meanest? How old are you? Grandpa Larry and Memaw Stella are older than you. On and on and on. It was too cool. Finally at 2 a.m. I told him it was bedtime. My butt is dragging today.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3072923;
    And maybe something like puzzle books or coloring books if he enjoys those?
    MRD I really appreciate the offer but that kid has more toys, puzzles, games etc than he'll be able to use for a long time. It looks like Christmas in his room. The hospital is constantly bringing in toys, books and stuff for him plus what the family has been bringing. My employees made a huge bag of toys, books, snacks etc. for him.
    I really appreciate the outpouring of support from all of you.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Maybe in honor of Zac, we'll want to give donations of coloring books, crayons, books to our area hospitals. I'm continuting to be optimistic for Zac!

+ Reply to Thread