+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1619Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

In this day and age it is extremely easy to find out if you are pregnant, get a test kit. She doesn't need to wait a month to find out if it's a cyst or a pregnancy, when the pregnancy hormones will show up on one of the test kits.

I would bring it up tonight and say you've had enough of the emotional roller coaster over the last few months, that you just need to know so quit with the drama. I would think that YOU have every right to say that considering what you have been through.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by famita2;3070246;
    I have a question for you all. What do you think of a son's girlfriend telling you she might be pregnant, then no she isn't, and then after an ultrasound, she's either pregnant or has a cyst? And we won't find out until next month. She first sprang it on me at 7:00am on my birthday (happy birthday to me). She then informed me that she had to go off the pill several months ago (I don't know if my son is aware of that). That the dr told her she probably wouldn't get pregnant because of some disorder. This is blowing my mind. They are both over 21, but he just recently started back to work after an extended layoff (a bereavement leave that turned out to be permanant). What the heck is going on? Is she just working on getting pregnant? I am flipping out here. Do I ask my son about it? We are all supposed to go out to dinner tonight. Do I bring it up?
    It sounds like total manipulation to me. A simple blood test by the doc would verify the pregnancy. There is no way she had an ultrasound and the doc told her s/he wouldn't know for another month if it was a cyst or pregnancy. Seriously.... I would definitely talk to your son about your "chat" with her - if for no other reason than to be sure he is aware of the pill situation. I would also suggest to your son that he accompany her to her doctor appt to actually hear what the doc says instead of taking her word for it. I would speak to him before the dinner if that is at all possible. Good luck!!

Also - I have had many, many ovarian cysts in the past - and never did my doctor say he couldn't tell if it was a cyst or a pregnancy.

Several years ago, I actually bought a pregnancy test, handed it to my sons girlfriend and stood outside of the bathroom door while she took it. I left no doubt in her mind, that the drama was stopping right than and there. At first my son was upset with me, but as time went by, and there was no more " I think I might be pregnant" drama, he understood why.

I like Sherri's solution famita - you get the test for her and stand outside the door. Then watch it together. Def let your son in on the no pill situation. I know women who have gotten pregnant to trap a guy and it never turns out well. He's had enough to deal with this year.
    Count your blessings!

My seven year old grandson is in Children's Hospital. It has been determined that he has leukemia. He was admitted last Tuesday. He hasn't been feeling well for the last few weeks, nauseous, tired, etc. My son went to the doctor with him Tuesday to try to find an answer. When my son pointed out that he was walking funny they decided to do an x-ray of his stomach to see if anything was there. The x-ray showed a discoloration of the bones around his pelvis and chest area. He was told to take the child to Children's asap as they were afraid it was cancer.
    After numerous cat scans, MRI's and blood work it was determined that he has leukemia. They still haven't determined which type he has, Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) or Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) . He had a bone marrow test Friday and his first dose of chemo at that time. We still don't know how long he will be at the hospital. It could be 3 weeks or 3 months depending on the type of leukemia. Please keep Zac in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully he and his dad will be out fishing again real soon.

Oh, Unk, I am sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and your family. Your grandson is a cutie. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Unk I am so sorry. My step-brother was diagnosed with Leukemia a couple years ago, it was a rare type. All turned out well for him, I will be praying the same happens for little Zac.

Unk, I am sorry and I hope he will be okay. He is a cutey! My Father In Law had Leukemia and it went into remission for many years. Thinking good thoughts and prayers for you and your family

Unk - I am so sorry to read about your grandson. He, his family and you will be in my thoughts and prayers
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh Unk - I'm so sorry, too. I'll be keeping you all in my heart and prayers.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread