+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

So sorry, queenb, I'll be thinking of you.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 06-18-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Sorry to hear about L.'s dad, QueenB.

QueenB, I'm so sorry to hear about L's dad.

queenb, I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

queenb, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3061090;
    As some of you may know, I am the Maintenance Manager for a retirement/nursing home community. (Physical plant - not housekeeping) Yesterday one of the guys was off and the other guy didn't show up, I had asked my assistant Bob, where Chad was so he called his cell, beeper and Moms phone and left messages - nothing. Bob calls me about 8:00 last night to tell me that Chads younger sister called and they found him in bed dead. Sometime between Sunday and Monday morning he passed on. He was 40 years old 10 years younger than me, leaves behind a 10 yr old boy and an ex wife. Enjoy life people - it can end in a snap. Now begins the process of finding a replacement unless management decides to not. Needless to say I am a bit bummed out today.
    Oh my goodness, gabriel. I'm so sorry and shocked to hear that your employee, Chad, had passed so suddenly! What a difficult time their family must be having as well. Forty years old is young!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Well Father's Day was not the best around here; L's dad passed that afternoon. I was just glad that he got to stay at home until the last couple of weeks. The hospice was a God send for the family as they kept him comfortable and out of pain at the end. The funeral is tomorrow.
    Oh queenie! What a terrible thing to happen. My sincere condolences to you and L. My thoughts are with you and his family.
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2008 at 01:50 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have a question for you all. What do you think of a son's girlfriend telling you she might be pregnant, then no she isn't, and then after an ultrasound, she's either pregnant or has a cyst? And we won't find out until next month. She first sprang it on me at 7:00am on my birthday (happy birthday to me). She then informed me that she had to go off the pill several months ago (I don't know if my son is aware of that). That the dr told her she probably wouldn't get pregnant because of some disorder. This is blowing my mind. They are both over 21, but he just recently started back to work after an extended layoff (a bereavement leave that turned out to be permanant). What the heck is going on? Is she just working on getting pregnant? I am flipping out here. Do I ask my son about it? We are all supposed to go out to dinner tonight. Do I bring it up?

She sounds kind of loony famita. All those excuses? She must not like the responsibility of taking a pill every day. I say some of that story is made up, but I couldn't begin to tell you what parts. I wouldn't bring it up at dinner, but I'd definitely talk to your son about your concerns in private. Good luck!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Famita, do you have any reason to think she's lying? I mean, what's her history, is she usually honest, or have there been issues before, etc. I could see how some disorder that would make her go off the pill could be connected to a cyst or something, but if I'd been her I'd wait to be sure before telling anyone. Like Burnt, I'd say don't bring it up in a group, but definitely talk to your son about it. If he's not aware she went off the pill, that's a red flag.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I guess my problem is back when I had my operation (and I lost my middle son) there was another scare. She told me at that time that she was on the pill. I thoguht she still was on it. I don't know if she lies, but I think she needs to be at the center of attention. I really like her, but am extremely exasperated...at both of them. I guess I should talk to him privately first, but I figure if I sit down with both of them at the same time, there won't be room for any disagreement of what I say. I almost think that she wants to get married (I personally don't think that pregnancy is a reason to get married) and will do anything to reach that goal. I don't like to secondguess people, but now I will be.

+ Reply to Thread