+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

MRD, you know , that's a great idea. I think I will just start out fresh. New family, new job, new friends, new house, new car, new everything. Of course, that means I'll have to win the lottery or something. Despite everything, there is always hope. (and no, I'm really not giving away my family or friends or things-I just feel like that character in 'Lil Abner' who walks around under a cloud)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3048060;
    MRD, you know , that's a great idea. I think I will just start out fresh. New family, new job, new friends, new house, new car, new everything. Of course, that means I'll have to win the lottery or something. Despite everything, there is always hope. (and no, I'm really not giving away my family or friends or things-I just feel like that character in 'Lil Abner' who walks around under a cloud)
    Famita, when you win the lottery, come move here. You can be part of our family and I will introduce you to my friends. We'll find you a new house, new job, new car together.

There IS always hope. Without hope, we are nothing. So keep your hope and don't despair, life will get better. I know I've had my share of ups and downs. But it's the downs that give us perspective and let us really know what it is to be happy because if we didn't have the bad times to compare to the good ones, how would we know when we were having good times?

My prayers are with you and sending you a BIG hug right now.

ETA: I just received this in an email about 30 seconds ago. I love it.
    Let's go dance in the rain.

'Life is about how to survive the storm and also about how to dance in the rain."
    Last edited by MRD; 06-10-2008 at 11:07 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3048105;

ETA: I just received this in an email about 30 seconds ago. I love it.
    Let's go dance in the rain.

'Life is about how to survive the storm and also about how to dance in the rain."

That is just so appropriate right now! Famita, we all have our ups and downs in life -- believe me, we have all wanted to just chuck it all and begin anew at one time or another - but the sun does come up again the next morning and things eventually turn around. It's just the road there that seems to take so long sometimes.

Head up, girl!

Thanks, I really needed something. I just got done talking to Ellen (I can't even go see her yet until my cold is over!) and they have her sitting up in a chair and she walked for a few minutes today. She is such a little bitty thing-right now I think she might weigh about 100 lbs wet. Her spirit is feisty, so that's a positive sign to me!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3048060;
    (and no, I'm really not giving away my family or friends or things-I just feel like that character in 'Lil Abner' who walks around under a cloud)
    Dang, I read this part just when I was about to offer you a new set...
    I know some of the tumors they won't remove at first due to issues with too many big blood vessels involved, sometimes other reasons. I'm sure they had reasons for leaving it there.

I rarely ever come in this thread, but I'm sorry to see all the troubles. Hopefully all will be doing better soon. Hang in there folks.
    I don't think I've posted it, but my Mom also has cancer, diagnosed around Thanksgiving. She had kidney cancer in the past and had 1 kidney removed, about 6 or 7 years ago. So they do scans on her every now and again, and they found a couple little dots renal cell cancer, but in the pancreas. We are fortunate that she's able to take chemo in pill form, and it's not giving her much problem, and the cancer hasn't grown in the 6 months since November. She is not having many side effects, and feels good, so so far
    Unfortunately, L's dad is not so lucky. He's had a big cancer on his face removed last year, and gone through radiation for a cancer in his back later, and has been steadily declining, has developed COPD, and is no longer able to walk or do anything for himself. Now they have found a big mass in his lung, and he has been moved into hospice care as he doesn't want anymore tratment. I seriously doubt he will last much longer at all, but he pretty much lost interest when his wife passed 2 years ago, and he was already mostly disabled due to a massive stroke.
    Last edited by queenb; 06-11-2008 at 05:46 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Queenb,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and L's dad's illnesses. Prayers and hugs to all of you.

Famita,
    I'm glad your friend has a fiesty spirit, that helps.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Many to you queenb for all you and L are going thru right now....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Queenb, I'm thinking about you and offering you hugs. Glad to know that your mom's T is not growing-that's great news! Sorry about L's dad. I know for me it's hard when someone makes a choice that I might not be ready for. My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

from me too, queenb!

Well, in addition to the troubles I've mentioned in the Job Interview thread, just found out my grandfather passed away. I know it was his time-- he was 92, and lived a very full life (OSS in WWII, traveled the world, really good man)-- but it is still so sad and hurts so much.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My condolences to you pakacat
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread