+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

mrd, I hope everything works out for Mr. mrd and he's able to get a new job.

Ginger is awesome for tummy troubles. One of my adult ESL students is a doctor of acupuncture and herbal medicine, and she turned me onto that. Real ginger root works best, so I always keep it in my fridge. (We use it a lot, though, in cooking -- Thai, etc. -- so it never goes to waste here.) I like the idea, too, about keeping a fresh ginger root in the freezer as well, just in case, for tummy tea!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

My office mate had to have emergency exploratory surgery on Sat and the prognosis is not the best. She has a tumor from her bowel throught the duodenum to the kidney. At this point, the drs want to start chemo to shrink the tumor so they can take it out. And it depends on who you talk to about what is "really" going on. I am trying to remain positive, but her sister told me "stage 4", so I really don't know. Anyway, she had a strangulated bowel, which was close to the tumor and they resectioned the bowel to bypass the tumor and hooked her up again. So she has a large tumor "floating" and not attached at this point in time to anything else. After chemo shrinks (hopefully) the tumor, she'll have surgery to remove.

Sorry to hear about your co-worker famita. I'll keep positive thoughts for her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Famita, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything will be ok for her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't understand famita - why didn't they just take it out altogether? MRD - any update on hubby's interview?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3046562;
    I don't understand famita - why didn't they just take it out altogether? MRD - any update on hubby's interview?
    He is to have a second one this week, but not sure when. They were to call either today or tomorrow to set it up. But the first one went really well. He's got another interview with a different company on Wed.

He also dropped off some construction bids to do a few jobs on his own, so we are hoping the bids get accepted. Haven't heard anything on those yet and probably won't for at least a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3045465;
    Ginger is awesome for tummy troubles. One of my adult ESL students is a doctor of acupuncture and herbal medicine, and she turned me onto that. Real ginger root works best, so I always keep it in my fridge. (We use it a lot, though, in cooking -- Thai, etc. -- so it never goes to waste here.) I like the idea, too, about keeping a fresh ginger root in the freezer as well, just in case, for tummy tea!
    Sadly, I have a strong aversion to ginger. Growing up, my mom used to boil huge pots of this Korean ginger tea and the scent would permeate throughout the house. It always burned my throat and lungs because the smell was too pungent, and it always made me feel sick. That's why to this very day, I cannot smell or eat anything that has ginger in it.

Anyway, I think I'm plagued with severe insomia. I cannot really sleep normally anymore. The other night I thought it was just my tummy, but I think it's a lot of other things. I don't know how to just close my eyes and go to sleep. I have so much anxiety and too many thoughts racing through my head, and I have this odd feeling like I'm going to miss something major if I go to sleep... it's weird.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Gut, the size (huge) and the fact that it was intertwined with everything. Also, the hospital is not the best. I personally had a problem with them not removing any portion. I don't get why not. I also have decided to give away my friends and family at this time. And maybe I will start my new year off again on July 4th and not wait until January 1st or Cinco de Mayo.

MRD

Famita, I'm sorry your friends and family are causing stress. So 4th of July will be YOUR independence day as well???

+ Reply to Thread