+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2018Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

my thoughts are with your husband mrd today. BEST OF LUCK MR mrd!!!!!

Well you know I'm lighting a candle.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Best of luck to the hubbie mrd!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3040579;
    Well you know I'm lighting a candle.
    I'm glad Waldo isn't there, he'd eat it.

Thanks all. The interview went well and they are setting up another one for next week. He also talked to someone today that wants him to do some work for him that could be lucrative, but wouldn't be a permanent job. It would last for several months. So all is not horrible, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

But I thank you all for letting me vent and for the support. I feel much better and much calmer tonight.

I still maintain we made the right decision to move here despite the job and financial difficulties. I'd rather be here and jobless/broke than back in Florida and jobless/broke and miserably unhappy.
    I think that things will work out here. I think we are "meant" to be here and the struggle will make it seem worth it soon. I'm being VERY positive.

But you all help me to be positive, so thank you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3040239;
    Hubby called about 15 minutes ago to tell me to get out his "good clothes". He has a job interview today at 4!!!!

So at least things are moving along. So keep your fingers crossed. Maybe all this did happen for a reason.
    I just poked my head into this thread and saw all the things about Mr. MRD... I hope things work out for him and he gets out of his current job! Everyone he works with sound like they're idiots...and dangerous ones at that! KEEP US POSTED...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3039914;
    I don't understand why in the construction industry where worker's comp rates are so high, that more employers don't drug test. The accident rate in construction is so much higher than other jobs, that if I was an employer, I would test. And construction is one of those fields that attract a certain, um, element of the population that tends to use more drugs than in other jobs.
    That's all going to depend on the company, unfortunately. My company has a division that's not construction, but it's pretty close. They're a pipeline maintenance company and they do painting and pigging (I'm still not sure what that is) and digging and all sorts of construction stuff. They're very strict about drug tests and visas and workplace safety. You've just got to get in to a company that cares about that stuff, and you're golden. The trick is finding a company that is big on quality assurance and that kind of thing. I hope your husband finds something he can stick with soon. It sounds likes you've had a string of bad luck and you're due for a good opportunity.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3041090;
    That's all going to depend on the company, unfortunately. My company has a division that's not construction, but it's pretty close. They're a pipeline maintenance company and they do painting and pigging (I'm still not sure what that is) and digging and all sorts of construction stuff. They're very strict about drug tests and visas and workplace safety. You've just got to get in to a company that cares about that stuff, and you're golden. The trick is finding a company that is big on quality assurance and that kind of thing. I hope your husband finds something he can stick with soon. It sounds likes you've had a string of bad luck and you're due for a good opportunity.
    typically commercial construction drug tests, residential doesn't. That doesn't mean that that is right 100% of the time, but in over 25 years, that has been our experience. You'd be amazed at the lack of safety, illegal workers and drugs, no background checks, lots of ex-felons, etc. being done on job sites that we've seen, mostly back in Florida, but still a LOT here. Some phases of construction (most residential developments) are worse than others. And Roofers are some of the worst offenders. That's not water in those coolers on the roofs when they're working.

But this is commercial construction that my husband is in now and they aren't drug testing.

And I think the larger the compnay, the better policies and standards they have.

Pigging is cleaning the inside of a pipe. The device used to clean it is called a "pig"

I'm hoping mr. mrd will get a new job/situation right quick. The one has now sounds like all cons and no pros. And I really admire you for insisting on remaining positive. Stress makes me a negative nancy.

Wow, the things you learn ("pigging")!

MRD, hope this is what he needs and that he'll receive it!

I want to take this time to apologise for everyone who was sick that I wasn't sympathetic enough for lately. I just got knocked down with the influenza (I don't think I've ever had it before. High fever, chills, horrible aches from muscles that I didn't even know I had, coughing, sinus stuff. I wanted to shoot myself. My son and his girlfriend kept me in kleenex, aspirin, cough syrup, soup and books. I have to go to a dinner tonight that I don't want to go, but I have to go. I already tried begging off, but they need me there. I guess if they then get sick, they hopefully will remember that I tried to cancel.

My office mate is in the hospital. They are doing lots of tests so please keep her in your prayers.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3042032;
    Wow, the things you learn ("pigging")!

MRD, hope this is what he needs and that he'll receive it!

I want to take this time to apologise for everyone who was sick that I wasn't sympathetic enough for lately. I just got knocked down with the influenza (I don't think I've ever had it before. High fever, chills, horrible aches from muscles that I didn't even know I had, coughing, sinus stuff. I wanted to shoot myself. My son and his girlfriend kept me in kleenex, aspirin, cough syrup, soup and books. I have to go to a dinner tonight that I don't want to go, but I have to go. I already tried begging off, but they need me there. I guess if they then get sick, they hopefully will remember that I tried to cancel.

My office mate is in the hospital. They are doing lots of tests so please keep her in your prayers.

Famita I'm sorry you are sick. I felt like I finally turned the corner on mine earlier in the week, but today feel like poo again. I think part of that is the heat. It's 93 out and it's HOT and I'm having a hard time breathing because I'm all congested again. But like you, I was just knocked for a loop.
    I was so sick I wished I would die and then was afraid I wouldn't.
    And my daughter was a pain in the butt instead of much of a help. I think I lived on pretzels and frozen foods, but I wasn't really hungry anyway.

Hope you feel better soon and hope your co-worker is ok.

+ Reply to Thread