+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

That's so sad about your friend's daughter. I hope they are able to make some progress soon. It's just so heartbreaking to see a loved one suffer and not be able to help them.

Ok, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, if not, please someone help me to re-direct. My ISP is comcast and I cant open the home page. I called and they said they had a security problem and they are shut down. The problem is I cant get to my e-mail which is how I do much of my business. They've been down about 10 hours now, I can connect but cant open the home page. Is anyone else having this issue and/or have any solutions?

Ok, disregard the previous post, its all good, now!

Good to know, because I have Comcast at home. I can't access it from work (now allowed - security issues), so I wasn't able to check. But I'm glad it's all straightened out now!

Last night mr buglover called his daughter to talk to her about her graduation on Tuesday. They talked about her coming back with him, etc. She asked him if he would take her and a friend to an amusement park here. He said he's have to pass it by me.... (which I don't understand why) and she said, you have to ask permission? He said yes... (which again I don't understand where this came from) and she replied that's pathetic. I told him that what he did was really unfair. He doesn't have to ask me to take his teenagers anywhere... he never has in the past. I'm fuming mad still even though he called her back later and explained he was wrong to say something like that, etc. Pathetic??? Really? I'm so irritated now that she thinks I call any shots in this marriage or about them being with their dad that I want to go out of town next week when he drives back with them. I feel like she must think I'm pathetic for being that way and I AM NOT THAT WAY!! OMG...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3028842;
    Last night mr buglover called his daughter to talk to her about her graduation on Tuesday. They talked about her coming back with him, etc. She asked him if he would take her and a friend to an amusement park here. He said he's have to pass it by me.... (which I don't understand why) and she said, you have to ask permission? He said yes... (which again I don't understand where this came from) and she replied that's pathetic. I told him that what he did was really unfair. He doesn't have to ask me to take his teenagers anywhere... he never has in the past. I'm fuming mad still even though he called her back later and explained he was wrong to say something like that, etc. Pathetic??? Really? I'm so irritated now that she thinks I call any shots in this marriage or about them being with their dad that I want to go out of town next week when he drives back with them. I feel like she must think I'm pathetic for being that way and I AM NOT THAT WAY!! OMG...
    Things that make you go AAAAAAA.

I think the thing that gets me most is he didn't say he was wrong to his daughter, he just said it was wrong for him to say that. Why he couldn't just say, She's not like that... I don't know. I can't let it go and it's festering badly right now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover,

I'm going to take a guess here and say that he did that because he doesn't want to take them to the amusement park and you were a convenient excuse. It would be bugging the hell out of me too. I think you really need to be clear that making you the bad guy is not okay and that he needs to have another follow up conversation with his daughter.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I'm thinking you are right Mariner...I'm not seeing clearly right now because I am that mad. I don't get mad easily anymore... we've been together for 8 years so most stuff rolls off but this makes me cringe. I think mostly because he makes it seem like I'm not trying to get close to the girls when clearly he's the one who is putting a wedge between the three of us (which his youngest pointed out the other night!!)

I'm going to relax a little and then when he gets home speak to him without screaming that he really needs to clear it up completely, not just that he was wrong.... no offense to my men friends but sometimes I tell ya!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover, I agree with Mariner. Does your husband not realize that saying that harms your relationship with his children? Doesn't he want them to like you?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread