+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3026483;
    MRD, your body's lowest natural temperature is always in the early morning. It is not uncommon for it to climb during the day and peak at night. I hope you feel better soon.
    Which is why when women that are trying to get pregnant are supposed to take their temperature before getting out of bed in the morning. I did that for over a year. Ovulation will spike the normal temperature just a bit and it's easiest to detect first thing in the morning.

Thanks. I think I might be feeling better. I had a nice hot shower and that made a huge difference. Not that I haven't bathed the other days, but I washed my hair today and that is what made a big difference in how I feel I think. Having yucky hair makes me feel yucky too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd- Glad you're feeling better.
    My Father-in-Law is in the hospital for gall bladder or they think is gall bladder. Hubby and I asked his Mom if she wanted us to come up, but she told us no that she would wait and see.

Not really a trouble but more of a vent. I recently turned 40 My hubby threw me an awesome party, it was great. I wasn't even expecting any gifts but received a few gift cards and something kind of odd from both my Mom and my niece. I'm sure my Mom gave her the idea. Bed sheets! What kind of 40th birthday gift is that? Especially when a month or so ago I had my Mom pick up a set of sheets for me at Kohl's that were on sale from the store closer to her that had the color I wanted. I specifically said to her too, "I think I'm set on sheets now". Ah well...

Happy 40th karna68! It's a great year according to my departed mother. She said 40 was such a great time and 50 was like being reborn so you still have 10 more years before you get rebirth!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Happy 40th! I agree, my 40's have been some of the greatest years of my life.

Sheets are a kind of weird gift, but it's better than all that over the hill crap that I got when I turned 40. The denture cream and hemoroid medication and all that stupid stuff.

Spencer gifts should be outlawed for anyone over 40. Their over the hill stuff is horrible. And who wants those kinds of gifts.

If I really wanted age related gifts, I'd have much preferred that expensive department store anti-aging serum for wrinkles and fine lines. Not a bra for sagging boobs from Spenser gifts.

Thanks ladies, I agree it's the thought that counts. I actually was able to take both sets of sheets back and get something I really wanted.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3027583;
    Thanks ladies, I agree it's the thought that counts. I actually was able to take both sets of sheets back and get something I really wanted.
    I'm glad you got something you wanted. I think there is a whole segment of the population that needs classes in gift giving. I had to train my husband about it when we first got married. Now he does really well in the gift department, but he used to be horrible.

I think good gift giving is an art and some people have no clue, so just buy something and think "well it's a gift".

I know people that are geniuses when it comes to giving gifts. Everything I've received from them, I've treasured.

So maybe that could be a niche job (since there are so many new kinds of jobs today), how to give the perfect gift. There could be seminars on it and books, DVD's, etc.

MRD

Well about 8:30 tonight, my daughter stands up, does "something" to her foot and falls to the floor. We get her up and on the couch and she has a bruise coming up on the top of her foot. She can't put any weight on it and is in pain. In just a few minutes its swollen. So off to the ER we go. Fortunately we were the ONLY patients there tonight, so they took her immediately. It isn't broken, but it's sprained. So now, she is on crutches (just got hubby OFF crutches with his strained knee) and she has a brace on her foot, must ice it, take Rx strength ibruprofen and stay off of it as much as possible.
    So in the last 2 weeks, we've had 2 leg injuries and me with a bad, bad cold. Bad luck comes in 3's right? So this should be it???
    And she doesn't know how she did it. She got up off the sofa and took a step and fell.

Funny thing is that the Doctor's name was Sayeed!! But he looked NOTHING like Sayeed from Lost.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's injury, mrd. I hope it heals quickly. Sprains can be more of a pain than an actual break sometimes, so take care of it.

I just found out that a good friend of mine had a mild heart attack. He's doing fine, but that's pretty scary.

MRD

I hope your friend will be ok.

I talked to my friend who had to have her daughter committed last friday.
    She is not making any progress. The medications have not helped and they are going to switch them today, but had to wean her off one. She was originally going to be inthe psych unit 5 days, then 7 and now they just don't know.
    She's still a danger so they are not going to release her until some progress has been made.
    I feel so badly for all of them.
    Her HS graduation ceremony is tomorrow night and she will miss it. And she's extremely irritated about that and it isn't helping her make progress.

+ Reply to Thread