+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

MRD, glad you had so much fun and laughs. That's so important! It doesn't sound the least bit cold OR uncaring to me. You DO have to go on,...otherwise you'd be lying on the pyre, and I don't think that would be much fun. I hope the Claudiapalooza was a blast! I was thinking about you!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3013207;
    MRD, glad you had so much fun and laughs. That's so important! It doesn't sound the least bit cold OR uncaring to me. You DO have to go on,...otherwise you'd be lying on the pyre, and I don't think that would be much fun. I hope the Claudiapalooza was a blast! I was thinking about you!!
    Thanks Famita.
    I did have a nice Claudiapalooza. We went to the Armed Forces Day thing on Fri. night. They had a nice tribute to our servicemen and women and a really good band for dancing afterwards. We went for sushi afterwards too. The only problem was my husband is on crutches, so having him hobbling all around downtown during the celebration wasn't fun. But he was a good sport though.
    Then had friends over to grill on Sat. and then Sun., did NOTHING and watched movies. It was a perfect weekend. Thanks for thinking of me.

And thanks too for saying I didn't sound cold or uncaring. I sometimes come across that way when I don't mean too. I know I've dealt with my losses in my own way, but it itsn't always that easy for others to deal with their own and we all react differently. But I've also spent a LOT of time in therapy too and grief counseling.

And I think that I'm a stronger person because of dealing with so much loss. It is true about what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But the one I love is:
    "God doesn't give you more than you can handle. But I wish He didn't have SO much confidence in me."
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I agree wholeheartedly with your last line. I always used to believe that, but these past few months really socked it to me (and yes, I just pictured Judy Carne in my mind!). I'm still trying to look on the bright side. It doesn't always happen, but at least I'm trying.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3013681;
    I agree wholeheartedly with your last line. I always used to believe that, but these past few months really socked it to me (and yes, I just pictured Judy Carne in my mind!). I'm still trying to look on the bright side. It doesn't always happen, but at least I'm trying.
    Sometimes trying is all we can do. At least you are trying dear one. Some in your shoes may not even make the effort to do that.

I had a friend that told me once to always try to do my best, but to remember that my "best" changes from day to day. Today's best may not be nearly as much as tomorrow's best or yesterday's best. The "bar" on "best" changes daily, but as long as we try to meet that bar, whether it's low or high or medium, then at least we are trying.

Hugs to you Famita. I think you're doing well and you remain in my prayers. I'm also a PM away if you need anything.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3016059;
    ...I had a friend that told me once to always try to do my best, but to remember that my "best" changes from day to day. Today's best may not be nearly as much as tomorrow's best or yesterday's best. The "bar" on "best" changes daily, but as long as we try to meet that bar, whether it's low or high or medium, then at least we are trying...
    That is a smart friend you got there, MRD. My best certainly ranges from accomplishing a lot to just getting out of bed to feed the kitties. How true that statement is.
    ---

My little trouble is that it's been raining for days, and now I'm getting a bit of water in the basement. It's the wall that is underneath my veranda. I've got a water vac and a fan going to try and dry it out. But it keeps raining. I need to put up an eavestrough on the front edge of the veranda to help the water from the front roof run off away from the house more. But I'm not sure how to do that. Even though the edge of the veranda is about 5 feet away from the house, the water table seems to be high or something. I never had any problems for 13 years, and then the last couple of times we have terrible rainstorms, I get a wet soppy rug. Not happy. I know this means $$$ to fix it and $$$$$ if I don't.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I just heard from a good friend of mine that they had to baker act her 18 year old daughter today. The girl is 2 weeks from high school graduation and hasn't slept in 4 days. She wrote literally 100 pages of a diatribe that she printed out for her mother. In it, she claims the government is out to get her, that she's far and above "better than all the little people" and some other really off the wall and scary stuff. She's started halluncinating which is what prompted the girls doctor to urge the parents to take her to a psychiatric facility.
    They parents are getting a divorce, so the mom had thought that the problems she's had with her daughter the past few months stemmed from that. She was an honor student who is now at risk for failing because her grades have slipped so badly in the past 2 months. Her scholarship to college is on thin ice now as well.

She's had her in therapy but the irrational behavior has steadily increased and reached a peak this week.
    The doctor that has been treating her told the parents that she was exhibiting schizophrenic behavior and that this is the age where onset for that disease starts appearing.
    My friend is frantic, worried, scared and beside herself.

Please think of this poor girl and her family. I can't imagine what they are all going through.
    My brother is schizophrenic and I've seen the effects of that on him and on all of our family for the past 30 years, so I know it's not going to be easy for any of them if this is indeed the diagnosis.

That doesn't sound so good MRD. Unfortunately it really does sound like schizophrenia and she is at about the right age. That is just very sad. I just got back from a funeral and it was just so heartbreaking. The mom died of cancer and left behind a husband and 4 kids. The service was very nice, but it was watching the little gestures of the children (teens to early 20's) supporting the father...the touches, the hands on his arm, that really affected me. She knew she was dying and had chosen all the scriptures and hymns which just made it much sadder. One of my good friends also attended, and it was her first funeral since losing her brother of a similar age, so we kind of got through it together. My sister also died of cancer and left 2 children behind. It was 9 years ago, but today it felt like yesterday. Anyways, crappy day today, but tomorrow is another day. Hugs to all my fort friends and make sure you get your check-ups on time.

MRD

Canuk, I'm so sorry that you've had so many losses and that they've involved parents of young kids. I went through that 2 years ago with a friend that died and left behind a 5 and 9 year old.

My friends daughter has been admitted and will stay for at least 5 days. They are now saying it was a severe manic episode. She's extremely unhappy with her mother as starting on Tues., it is Senior week at her highschool and she is going to miss all the festivities that go along with Senior week.
    The soon to be ex-husband who iniatially went with his wife and daugter to the hospital, left before she was even admitted to "go buy a shirt for a wedding" that was his soon to be ex-wife's nephews wedding today. He couldn't even be bothered to stay and find out about his own daughter's welfare as he needed to be at a wedding that is soon to be his ex-inlaws. What a schmuck.
    My friend is beside herself with guilt. She is upset, she's trying to do everything by herself and make it to the wedding as her sister, the mother of the groom is making her feel extremely guilty to be "bailing on them" at this late date. HER DAUGHTER IS IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL!!!! What is wrong with these people?
    I told my friend to tell them all to go to h*** as her daughter is her first and foremost priority right now.

Anyway, they haven't exactly ruled out schizophrenia, but the intake diagnosis was severe mania, but with more observation and a longer chance to talk with her and treat her, they may change that.

Thanks all for keeping them in your prayers.

canuck, I'm sorry for your losses.

mrd, what a schmuck indeed. I will keep them in my prayers. Psychological disorders are terrible for all involved.

Canuck I'm so sorry about your friend and sister, it never gets easier to lose people.

mrd What an awful thing to happen to someone just about to start their adult life. Hopefully, they will be able to treat her condition and get her back to a "normal" life.

+ Reply to Thread