+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1619Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Update: the left side of my lips look like Angelina Jolie's...OMG I have a huge work party to go to next Friday.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I feel for you, livin I've never had a bad case of PI (the worst was when my left forearm was covered), but once had an employee who missed two weeks of work because he was swollen up so badly. The poor guy had to wear gloves to keep his oozing fingers from sticking together.

My poison ivy patch is getting too big again, so I'll have to attack it with Round Up. It always makes me nervous because sensitivity to PI can change over time.

Poison ivy trivia--poison ivy is related to cashews
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Livin, hope you feel better. I have been very lucky in my life that I am n ot allergic to poison ivy. Which is weird because I'm allergic to so many other things.

Miss Kitty, I have reached that stage in life except its not just the parents of friends, but some of my friends as well. 2 years ago, I lost 6 friends in a year. The youngest was 39 the oldest 60. When I was in my 20's it was weddings I went too, then baby showers, now it seems like its more funerals. Part of the life process, but still hard and sad all the same. Hugs to you and prayers for your friend and his mom.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for commiserating with me Newf and MRD. And MRD- like Newf mentioned it is possible to become allergic to PI suddenly. The Jolie transformation of the lip is now complete. Not a single wrinkle to be seen there. Full, lucious lips that feel like they have a coating of thick tough, itchy skin on them. Left eye 3/4's closed and right eye about halfway. So I'll be spending part of my day off at the doctor's.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3003757;
    Thanks for commiserating with me Newf and MRD. And MRD- like Newf mentioned it is possible to become allergic to PI suddenly. The Jolie transformation of the lip is now complete. Not a single wrinkle to be seen there. Full, lucious lips that feel like they have a coating of thick tough, itchy skin on them. Left eye 3/4's closed and right eye about halfway. So I'll be spending part of my day off at the doctor's.
    Livin, hope you are better soon. I can't even imagine how that must feel. I get hives and they make me miserable, so what you are experiencing must just be awful. Sending big hugs and best wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3002886;
    I've had a run in with poison ivy. AGAIN.
    Oh NO! I hope you are feeling better livin! That must be unbearable. Do take care and heal up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Miss Kitty, I have reached that stage in life except its not just the parents of friends, but some of my friends as well. 2 years ago, I lost 6 friends in a year.
    myrosiedog: My, that was an awful year for you. I don't know if I could bear a loss so great.

Yesterday we celebrated a week late Mother's Day, and I must say, I'm treasuring every moment I get with my parents these days.

My little bad news is I still have a bad code. Just can't get rid of this thing. Sinus headaches and runny nosie. And my face hurts from coughing.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-19-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Livin' I'm sorry about the PI. hope it heals quickly
    Miss Kitty I'm sorry about your friend's mom, I'm also sorry that you're still not feeling well.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3006988;
    Oh NO! I hope you are feeling better livin! That must be unbearable. Do take care and heal up soon!

myrosiedog: My, that was an awful year for you. I don't know if I could bear a loss so great.

Yesterday we celebrated a week late Mother's Day, and I must say, I'm treasuring every moment I get with my parents these days.

My little bad news is I still have a bad code. Just can't get rid of this thing. Sinus headaches and runny nosie. And my face hurts from coughing.

Hope you feel better soon.

That was a year I'd like n ot to repeat, but you go on. You have too, what's the alternative?

Thanks all. I'm pretty much over the worst of it. This weekend I'm looking to purchase a HUGE bottle of roundup. Anyone want to come over in a week or so and clear out the brush?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3012991;
    Hope you feel better soon.

That was a year I'd like n ot to repeat, but you go on. You have too, what's the alternative?
    I don't mean to sound flippant or uncaring, but I was thinking about this. I've lost a lot of people in my life. It's hard to watch my wedding video as about 1/4 of the people that attended my wedding are no longer living. But while every death has affected me, I have no choice but to keep living. I really don't see much of an alternative as I have people and animals that depend on me and those that have gone before me wouldn't want me to curl up and take to my bed either.

One of the best things we can do to honor our loved ones that have gone on before us is to live our lives to the fullest. My friend Carl taught me that. He was taken at age 39, but had lived one of the fullest, best lives in the world. He touched so many people, made all of us better for knowing him and to stay sad wouldn't be honoring him. I know my parents would feel the same way.
    Life is all about choices. We don't always have control over the things that happen, but we do have control over how we choose to react to them. (many years of therapy to learn THAT )
    And unfortunately death is a part of life, it comes to us all at one point or another. The world doesn't stop because someone we know and love has died. Our world isn't the same anymore because we lost someone, but we have to find ways to cope and move forward. I believe its the healthy thing to do, because I can and have retreated into depression where I wouldn't leave the house, talk to anyone, do anything, barely take a shower. And after coming out of THAT funk, realized that I wasn't doing anyone any good, least of all me and my family.
    So, I don't mean to sound cold or uncaring, I miss each and every person I've lost, but now I think I've gotten to the point where I can remember them fondly and laugh about the good times. That happened on Sat. when I was celebrating my birthday and Carl's. He's gone, but I had a blast telling stories about him and about my dad. My friends were rolling on the ground laughing. I think they'd both prefer I did that than to always be sad.

+ Reply to Thread