+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Men are like what?? Not me, if something hurts I fix it....... Hrmph! There goes THAT WOMAN lumping all guys into a group because of one..... *tapping foot* *aside* if she keeps it up, I'll do a hooka hooka weather dance to give her snow for Claudiapalooza, that would teach her.
    Last edited by just1paul; 05-15-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2983814;
    I'm hoping I get a huge break when I'm an empty nester after next year. I can live pretty simply on my own.
    Surround yourself with felines..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I, OF COURSE don't mean ALL men, just the one I'm married too. There is a BIG difference you know.

I know Gabriel, Unk and Newf aren't like that (because I'm not married to them. and don't say it's me because I'm perfect. )

I heard a joke on the radio the other day:

If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Gabriel, I would have taken your snow but now my air conditioning is fixed, so I don't need it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3000330;
    Men are like what?? Not me, if something hurts I fix it....... Hrmph! There goes THAT WOMAN lumping all guys into a group because of one..... *tapping foot* *aside* if she keeps it up, I'll do a hooka hooka weather dance to give her snow for Claudiapalooza, that would teach her.
    Whoops sorry just give me some salt and pepper for my foot.

lol gabriel of course we don't mean you guys here! MEN is a general term used for our DHs who put themselves into the MEN category because of their issues!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have an update from a bad news story I posted about 6 months ago. My ex-boyfriend's nephew was caught and charged with molesting children. He was sent to Alberta Hospital for a psych workup after he was found guilty. He looked like a wildman as he had been on the streets for years.

This was not the young boy I had met and known who was a bit shy, smart, friendly, and popular. Something went wrong when he was in around grade 8. He started dropping school, getting angry at everyone, wanted to live with his estranged Dad who was a major loser, and became very difficult to deal with in general. The school system, family court system, medical sytem and his family gave up on him.

Last night, on the news, they reported their findings on him at Alberta Hospital, which is a major psychiatric institution here. The young man has an extreme case of schizophrenia; so bad, that even with medication and therapy, he is not expected to be able to manage in society; ever. All criminal charges against him were dropped and he has been committed to the Hospital for the remainder of his life, pending any improvements which are not anticipated.

I felt so sad when I heard this as I know that a simple psych questionnaire when he was young would have given some clues if not identified his mental illness. He fell through the cracks of our system and was left to fend for himself on the streets. I'm sure his life has been H*** with this illness. I am not, by any means, excusing his criminal behavior, but I am glad that he is not being sent into regular jail facilities. He would be dead within days.

It's too bad that mental illness in children is so difficult to catch, and is sometimes not even considered when problems begin to arise. If this boy had been diagnosed, treated and given assistance, I am sure his future would not have included assaults on young girls, drugs, crime, and living a life of fear and anxiety with voices telling him what he must do to survive.

I wish him, his family, and his victims, peace of mind.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3001987;
    I have an update from a bad news story I posted about 6 months ago. My ex-boyfriend's nephew was caught and charged with molesting children. He was sent to Alberta Hospital for a psych workup after he was found guilty. He looked like a wildman as he had been on the streets for years.

This was not the young boy I had met and known who was a bit shy, smart, friendly, and popular. Something went wrong when he was in around grade 8. He started dropping school, getting angry at everyone, wanted to live with his estranged Dad who was a major loser, and became very difficult to deal with in general. The school system, family court system, medical sytem and his family gave up on him.

Last night, on the news, they reported their findings on him at Alberta Hospital, which is a major psychiatric institution here. The young man has an extreme case of schizophrenia; so bad, that even with medication and therapy, he is not expected to be able to manage in society; ever. All criminal charges against him were dropped and he has been committed to the Hospital for the remainder of his life, pending any improvements which are not anticipated.

I felt so sad when I heard this as I know that a simple psych questionnaire when he was young would have given some clues if not identified his mental illness. He fell through the cracks of our system and was left to fend for himself on the streets. I'm sure his life has been H*** with this illness. I am not, by any means, excusing his criminal behavior, but I am glad that he is not being sent into regular jail facilities. He would be dead within days.

It's too bad that mental illness in children is so difficult to catch, and is sometimes not even considered when problems begin to arise. If this boy had been diagnosed, treated and given assistance, I am sure his future would not have included assaults on young girls, drugs, crime, and living a life of fear and anxiety with voices telling him what he must do to survive.

I wish him, his family, and his victims, peace of mind.

Miss Kitty, I'm so sorry to hear that, but at least he will get the care he needs now.

I have a brother that is schizophrenic and he had some issues as a teenager, but served in the Air Force and afterwards had MAJOR issues. From what we've been told about him, that there are warning signs of a problem as early as teenagehood, but that it is very difficult to anticipate who will develop schizophrenia and who is just having "issues" at those ages. Schizophrenia usually fully develops by late teenage years or early 20's.
    But it sounds as if this kid had gotten some help early on, they might have caught the schizophrenia earlier and been able to help him and keep him from hurting others.

Again, I am so sorry.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Miss Kitty I'm sorry. Even though I don't know what you're going through please know that if you need anything or if you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here ok? PM me if.

Thank you Shaybo and myrosiedog. I know there's nothing that can be done now. It's sad to know that the illness has pretty much driven this young man mad.
    ~~~~
    I received more bad news today. A good friend's mother, who was diagnosed with cancer, has fallen gravely ill. She lives in a small town and her doctors did not pick up on her cancer until it was very late. She had surgery last year and was thought to have been on the mend. I hadn't heard from my friend about getting together for coffee, and for some reason, his mom came to mind. I was happy to hear that my friend has taken a leave of absence from a very demanding and high profile job in order to spend as much time as possible with his family. I've let him know I'm here for him but I know that doesn't help much when you know your Mom only has days or weeks left.

I guess I'll be attending another funeral in the near future. It appears that when one gets to a certain age, it means that one's parents get to a certain age and funerals are not so uncommon any more. Such is life.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm sorry to hear of your ex's nephew. I hope he gets good treatment and eventually gets some kind of peace.

I've had a run in with poison ivy. AGAIN. I don't know what the hell I'm thinking of. There I was, yesterday morning energetically pulling vines and trimming around the fence. I had a vague thought that there had been some poison ivy growing there last year, but no matter..I'd just be careful not to touch my face and wash up really good. Well now my FACE is starting to itch, feels lumpy and burning a little and the left eye feels puffy. NOT GOOD SIGNS. Last time both eyes were swollen shut and had to go in prednisone for a week. Just went out the check those vines. Yup there is poison ivy all thru them. This is about the fourth or fifth time in my life I've gotten this and it sucks really bad.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread