+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

That's great miss kittty. I'm happy to hear that.

MRD

Glad you are feeling better Miss Kitty.

My troubles center around my husband this week.
    Hubby has injured his knee and is limping around and acting pitiful. But he won't ice it, wrap it or use crutches or take anything for the pain, so I can't feel too sorry for him at this time. I know that sounds mean, but you can do something to help it instead of being "poor, poor pitiful me" which is what he's doing. Oh and he won't go to the doctor either. I give up, I won't nag and I won't play into his martyr syndrome. He's acting like his mother used too and frankly I didn't like it when she did it and I don't much like it with him either.

He has had an abcessed tooth and is going to the dentist next week to get that worked on after I finally made the appointment instead of waiting for him to do it which means I'd have waited for ever because he's the biggest procrastinator in the world.

Men! Can't live with them, can't shoot them either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh mrd you should know by now they never do what they are supposed to when they are injured. Mr buglover sliced his finger to the bone once and I had to scream at him to get him in the car to take him for stitches. He literally wanted to just tape it together and let it be...
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2996510;
    Oh mrd you should know by now they never do what they are supposed to when they are injured. Mr buglover sliced his finger to the bone once and I had to scream at him to get him in the car to take him for stitches. He literally wanted to just tape it together and let it be...
    Mine has a small first aid kit with sterilized wrapped packages of needles and sutures and has sewed himself up on occasion. Our doctor just about had a hissy fit when she found out about it.
    I swear I'm married to Rambo/John Wayne/Dirty Harry, etc.
    He's too macho at times for his own good.
    He now has on MY knee brace from 2 years ago and is crabby as you know what because it hurts, but he still won't go to the doctor. I told him if he ruins Claudiapalooza this weekend, I would not forgive him.

(NOTE: Claudiapalooza is the nickname given to my birthday every year since the year I turned 40 and it was a 3 day celebration. Since it's on a weekend this year, we are going to celebrate starting tomorrow. There are 4 free music venues in town this weekend from classical to bluegrass and we plan to hit ALL of them) and he is NOT making me go home early because of his knee. Either suck it up and deal, or go to the doctor.)

Awww mrd....I hope you are able to have fun even though he's being a crab. I love men, alot, but they do tend to know best and then whine about their pain.
    Yup, with donuts!!

mrd: Men are like that. I hope you have an awesome birthday

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2998964;
    Awww mrd....I hope you are able to have fun even though he's being a crab. I love men, alot, but they do tend to know best and then whine about their pain.
    I tell my husband that when I married him, I knew I was marrying Mr. Right, I just didn't know his first name was ALWAYS.

So, the reason the air conditioner was not working (for a WEEK) was a bug was in between the contacts and it just had to be basically blown on to get it out of there. My husband who has some general ac knowledge could have done this himself instead of yelling at the ac company for not getting their butt out here to fix it. I felt about as small as the bug when the guy spent 30 seconds "fixing" the ac and showing me the bug.

So now that I have AC, my troubles are a lot less. It's amazing how less crabby you feel when you are not hot.

Imagine how the bug must have felt mrd!!! I love that......... I knew I was marrying Mr. Right, I just didn't know his first name was always!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2999993;
    mrd: Men are like that.
    Not all of us!

I had a ten-year stretch where I was NEVER right, at least according to one source. Truthfully, though, I haven't been wrong about anything since August of '72.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread