+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1670Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I still wonder if it is because he's Muslim/Thai - some cultural restriction about unrelated females... in which case he should have taken that into account when agreeing to live with us. But all that aside, I'm sure prayers for him would help.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I'll be thinking about him and hope that he realizes how good he had it this past year! I bet the cultural differences explain the oddity that you felt. I don't know if I could have handled it half as good as you did! Do you think you'll want to try it again?

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I extend my best wishes also to everyone who lost someone in their lives. Remember the fun and good times. I'm trying hard on that one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2983804;
    Gut, I'll be thinking about him and hope that he realizes how good he had it this past year! I bet the cultural differences explain the oddity that you felt. I don't know if I could have handled it half as good as you did! Do you think you'll want to try it again?
    Ha. NO! Next year is my daughter's senior year so I don't want to mess that up. Then I'll be home alone and feel it would be too much of a liability. Plus, with the cost of food rising, another mouth to feed doesn't fit in my budget any more... plus the cost of laundry, lights, tv, etc. I'm hoping I get a huge break when I'm an empty nester after next year. I can live pretty simply on my own.
    Count your blessings!

I'm sik. I godda bad code and strepp throad. Bin in bed fer daze. Now we can'd celebrayd mudder's day 'cuz Ayme sik. Thad suks.

I havnt bin aybl to finnnish my prezent 4 mai mom yed. Kitties cand do it eidder.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Eat a McRib. That always cures my strep throat.

Or alternatively, they have medicine for that. It works fast. Get thee to a doctor.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2985275;
    I'm sik. I godda bad code and strepp throad. Bin in bed fer daze. Now we can'd celebrayd mudder's day 'cuz Ayme sik. Thad suks.

I havnt bin aybl to finnnish my prezent 4 mai mom yed. Kitties cand do it eidder.
    Just take care and get well. Mudder wud unnerstan.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Feel better soon, misskitty! I especially hate being sick when it's warm outside.

Wait. Is it warm outside there yet?

Definitely not as warm as it could be Bt! (I'm not exactly where misskitty lives, but close enough to know that it could be a whole heck of a lot warmer!!)

Feel better soon misskitty!!

Feel better soon miss kitty. Happy belated Mother's Day to all the Mothers and Grandmothers.

Thank you so much everyone for your well wishes. I'm finally feeling like I'm over the worst and getting better. I'm still coughing and sniffling, and sneezing, but my throat is healing and that is the worst part for me. I got some great sleep last night and that in itself made me feel "human" again. I'm going to work on my Mom's present today and hopefully get it done by tomorrow. I'm painting a trio of ceramic fish, seashell, and seahorse in the colors of her bathroom. Then I'll coat them all so they shine pretty.

I think I should be able to smell things and taste food by the end of the week!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread