+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970711111615611061 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you Spoose. I hope your recovery is quick and painfree.

cahalanmac, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's friend. The only advice I have for you is to be there for him (which I'm sure you already are doing that) Don't be too pushy. When he wants to discuss the situation, he will come to you. He does need to eat though so he doesn't get sick.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My prayers are with you and your husband, cahalanmac. I'm so very sorry to hear about the sudden death of your friend. Just awful. My brother died suddenly a little over a year ago and it still hits me hard from time to time when I least expect it. There's really nothing anyone can do or say to help at times. The most comforting thing for me is just knowing my husband is there for me when I need him. He gives me time, space, hugs and squeezes, sometimes even shares a good cry. Just be there for your husband. I think it's good he's not suppressing his pain, though. Time will slowly heal, I believe.

My heart goes out to you both, CM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thanks you guys, I am trying to give him space. I do get worried about his physical health though. Like combacutie said, he needs to eat to stay well. I haven't seen him eat since Sunday. I guess he will eat when he can though, I can't make him.
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Goodluck Spoose, please keep us updated and I hope all goes well.

Cahalanmac, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, he's obviously really upset. Tell him he needs to take care of himself regardless, it's o.k. to grieve but he shouldn't risk getting sick either. *hugs*

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Spoose.

Calahanmac, there probably isn't much you can do to comfort him except be there for him. Let him cry on your shoulder, listen to him talk about it. Just be there for him. {{hugs}}

The memorial was tonight, it went very well. There were about 300 people there and it took almost two hours for us to get through the line. BUT, in that time my husband saw lots of old friends and got to remember some good times, things that I hadn't shared with him. It really seemed to help, because he let me fix him dinner (yay!). Thanks for all the hugs and well wishes, you all are so sweet!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Spoose and Eva, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Well.. I"m having a craptasticly sour day so I came in here to kvetch about it.
    First of all I had to send a little person home yesterday because he was so ill that he was leaking out of ever orifice of his body. He was dropped off again today, a little better but not too bad - someone obviously got smart and doped him up before he was dropped off. So anyway - this little guy arrives here today in a jacket and hat. That's it.. a frikkin jacket and hat. NO BOOTS, NO SNOW PANTS, NO MITTS. It's a flipping BEAUTIFUL day outside (only -2C) and we can't go out because my kiddo doesn't have any boots and I don't have any extras that remotely fit him. Another parent was pissed because the first parent 'dared' to send her sick child - doesn't she know there are 4 others here who can get sick??
    So what I did was wrap the kid in a blanket, throw 2 of them in a double stroller, 2 more walking and I took them to an indoor play centre. One of my walkers fell in the middle of a busy street and I had to carry him to the other side by the back of his coat while pushing this monster of a stroller, then we get to within half a block of the playcentre (only 4 blocks away) and the same walker starts bawling his head off like someone is killing him. When I finally got him calmed down he said 'I want to ride, I don't want to walk' - he'll be 3 next month. He walked.
    I was hot and sweaty and trying to put on a happy face. The stroller was a bitch to manouver through the soft, dirty snow.
    Why do they put those stupid wheels on the front that turn? it would be so much better if all strollers had mountain bike tires and stationary wheels - then the stroller goes where you point it.
    I had a heck of a time rounding up the kids to go home, the walk is uphill and now the kids are tired and hungry. I got lunch on the table and the kids eating, but sick kid from yesterday was falling asleep in his plate so I washed him up and put him to bed.. while I was doing that my 3 1/2 yr old peed his pants - at the kitchen table, all over the chair, the floor and himself. Then he acted proud of himself.
    I have not been so happy to see naptime since my first day of work.
    Thanks for listening.

Awwww, Duxxy. I'm so sorry about your day.

Duxxy, I hope tomorrow is a better day....and give that mom a talkin to!

I don't know what type of stroller you have but the 3 that we have owned all had a very small locking mechanism behind the front wheels to keep them straight when needed. I wasn't aware of this until I had my second child and my niece actually bent down and locked them for me one day when I was struggling.

+ Reply to Thread