+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1996Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

You know, I think that as of today, I'm just going to start a new year. So, this cinco de mayo is now my official January 1, 2008. I know other people have it much worse than I do, and that helps me a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2969567;
    Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. My friend Anna was removed from life support and allowed to die peacefully. I was able to be there along with her family. Again, she was the friend who when my angels misbehaved told them "I'm going to rip your lips off if you don't shut up and sit down, you big bunch of heathenoids!" She did say it with love! She was there with me during my kids operations, through my divorce, through Matt's funeral. I don't understand why she didn't tell us how bad she was, but am thankful I knew her. She'd have given you her last dollar. I was surprized that she was on the ventilator because she had told me that she wanted DNR. It did give her family a chance to say their goodbyes. I feel at peace with this. She is able to breathe, run, dance, walk, and all the other pleasurable "thaings" that she couldn't do lately. She's happy again!
    Famita: I'm so sorry to hear that your dear friend has passed on, but happy that you and her family were there to help her along her journey. May she rest in peace, and be joyful without pain and suffering.

~~~~~

I just heard that my ex-neighbor and friend's Dad just passed somewhat unexpectedly yesterday. He was suffering from Alzheimers and apparently went downhill fairly quickly. I will be going home on the bus today, so I'll be able to make the service tomorrow afternoon. It will be great to see her, her brother and mom, but under circumstances that I wish were more joyful. Her Dad reminded me of the kind of person my Dad is. It's so very sad.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

famita. I'm sorry she's gone but grateful she is no longer suffering.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2969567;
    Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. My friend Anna was removed from life support and allowed to die peacefully. I was able to be there along with her family. Again, she was the friend who when my angels misbehaved told them "I'm going to rip your lips off if you don't shut up and sit down, you big bunch of heathenoids!" She did say it with love! She was there with me during my kids operations, through my divorce, through Matt's funeral. I don't understand why she didn't tell us how bad she was, but am thankful I knew her. She'd have given you her last dollar. I was surprized that she was on the ventilator because she had told me that she wanted DNR. It did give her family a chance to say their goodbyes. I feel at peace with this. She is able to breathe, run, dance, walk, and all the other pleasurable "thaings" that she couldn't do lately. She's happy again!

famita. I am so sorry to hear this, but it is good she is not longer suffering.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2969661;
    You know, I think that as of today, I'm just going to start a new year. So, this cinco de mayo is now my official January 1, 2008. I know other people have it much worse than I do, and that helps me a little bit.
    Famita, I think that is a wonderful idea. Today is the first day of the new year! It will all be better from today forward.

I am so sorry about your friend. I know how tough it is to lose a close friend. I lost one of those once in a lifetime friends 2 years ago and I still miss him terribly. I was honored that he asked me to give his eulogy at his service. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done and probably one of the best things I've ever done.

I'm glad you were able to be there with her and her family at the end.

You've been through a rough road lately, but know you continue to be in my prayers and I'm just a PM away if you need anything. Sending hugs and warm wishes your way.

Happy Cinco De Mayo/the New, New Year's Day.

Your son's wedding is this month isn't it?

Miss Kitty, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends father as well. Sending hugs and prayers your way as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

famita, I am so sorry.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes. mr. gracie is off work for another month and yes he talks about going to either Vegas or Chicago. It's not going to happen at least for a couple of months, but we are heading to the beach in another week, if we can arrange therapy around it.(It's already paid for and I hate to lose the money) His work seems to think it's no problem. When we get back, he's doing the other wrist and the doctor has told him it will be a local this time.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

It sounds like your husband is doing rather well, given his situation of course. It is good to hear gracie.

Famita: That's a fabulous idea to start a new year with Cinco de Mayo! It's very enlightening and a very positive way to get beyond a very difficult year.

myrosiedog: I had just gotten off the bus, driven home by my sinister, and pulled my suitcase into the house, when my two friends popped their heads over the fence from their old home next door. I was happy to see them and gave them my deepest condolences and big hugs. They are both in a bit of a daze over their Dad's unexpected passing. I am going to the funeral in an hour or so and my Dad is coming along too, as he knew them and had met their Dad and Mom over the years.

It was supposed to be a rainy, dreary day, but the sun is out. They wanted to drive back to Kelowna tonight right after the funeral, but a few of us are trying to convince the Mom, son and daughter (my friends) to at least spend the night with family and de-compress a little. It would be safer for them.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Gracie-glad Mr Gracie is doing so much better! I hope the next surgery is a breeze for you. And have tons of fun on your vaca!

MissKitty, sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you were able to spend time with your friends.

+ Reply to Thread