+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1611Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Well here's my trouble for the day. The IRS incorrectly input my bank information so my refund never made it to my account. I was told by customer service at the IRS to wait and the bank would refuse the deposit and I would be issued a check. The bank has no record of the money being attempted to any account and the IRS is saying it's my fault and the money was deposited somewhere. Now someone has my refund and will most likely get my rebate today in their account as well. The bank claims it's the IRS's fault, the IRS claims it's the bank's fault. I'm stuck now and may have to hire a lawyer for to get $1700 that is mine. It's going to cost just as much to hire the darn lawyer.

lol I just went to the mailbox and there's the check and a letter saying the check would be here in 3 weeks. Duh! No one updates anything at those darn places so they all gave me bad info. Now let's see what happens with the rebate!
    Last edited by buglover; 04-28-2008 at 05:23 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2954792;
    Well here's my trouble for the day. The IRS incorrectly input my bank information so my refund never made it to my account. I was told by customer service at the IRS to wait and the bank would refuse the deposit and I would be issued a check. The bank has no record of the money being attempted to any account and the IRS is saying it's my fault and the money was deposited somewhere. Now someone has my refund and will most likely get my rebate today in their account as well. The bank claims it's the IRS's fault, the IRS claims it's the bank's fault. I'm stuck now and may have to hire a lawyer for to get $1700 that is mine. It's going to cost just as much to hire the darn lawyer.

lol I just went to the mailbox and there's the check and a letter saying the check would be here in 3 weeks. Duh! No one updates anything at those darn places so they all gave me bad info. Now let's see what happens with the rebate!
    Ah, our tax dollars at work!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gracie: My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope that May brings you some much needed joy and kindness!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Karna I agree with mrd, you have to talk to your hubby at the very least about it and then have a very serious talk with your BIL. Obviously maybe not throw around a few "money saving books" () but he needs to know that he's a guest in your house as much as family. That if he intends to be out by June he should be making the effort to actually follow through.

buglover, of course they'd mess up something like that!! It's never a mess up that benefits the customer.

Karna- I hope June comes soon. Doesn't your BIL have an insurance plan? You'd think that the police dept. would have a good health and dental plan.
    My suggestion sit down with your BIL and set up a budget then he has to stick to that budget. Also tell him to get a calander and have him put down when the bills are due. Next ask him when he gets paid if he gets paid every week or every other week and have him set up a payment schedule. Thats what my husband and I did because we were getting behind on our bills.

Being a person who thrives on routine and schedules, I whole heartedly agreee with proposing helping to set up some type of schedule payment for your brother or even to offer help him set up a schedule for him period.

Also have him pay you a certain amount each week for groceries. either that or set it aside, so if he has an excuse to stay longer you say here's your money for a down payment on an apartment.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Please keep my friend Anna in your thoughts. She has been in the hospital for a little over a week, but her systems are failing and we are going to remove her from life support either today or tomorrow. I'm an optimist and am hoping for a miracle. Her son has tried to inform all her friends and family in the hopes that if they could and wanted to make it to see her, they would. She's the best friend I ever had and was always trying to do for everyone else.

I'll be thinking of you and Anna today, famita. I hope everything works out for the best.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2964431;
    Please keep my friend Anna in your thoughts. She has been in the hospital for a little over a week, but her systems are failing and we are going to remove her from life support either today or tomorrow. I'm an optimist and am hoping for a miracle. Her son has tried to inform all her friends and family in the hopes that if they could and wanted to make it to see her, they would. She's the best friend I ever had and was always trying to do for everyone else.
    Oh honey, I'm so sorry about your friend. I will keep you and Anna in my prayers. Please keep us posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread