+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Dang, Gracie--I sure am glad Mr. Gracie ( "Joe" ) is ok. And I bet his hand is feeling tons better. I think you're right-you need a new month!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

gracie I hope May is a better month for you and your family.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Gracie, I'm sending warm and fuzzy thoughts to you, Mr Gracie and your family. I hope your mother is feeling better, too. And I hope her mystery pain (phantom pain) is healed. Sometimes we hurt so much that we don't know where it hurts.

Yowza Gracie - you've been through the blender this month! I guess that makes you a smoothie now. Hope your spirits are holding up.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, Gracie has always been a smoothie--and so is Mr. G.
    Oh, and about that knee--ice, ice, baby!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

So my brother in law is staying with us right now. It's been about 2 months and he's worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned. Hubby didn't even consult me before making the offer for him to stay with us. But that's neither here nor there. To make a long story short his ex girlfriend left him along with about 4 months of unpaid bills, including the rent! All his utilites were getting shut off so that's when my husband offered for him to stay with us until he could get on his feet. He's asked to borrow money a couple of times which I find ridiculous especially since he's living rent free. I thought after 2 months he would have had a little money saved. He told my husband a week ago his bank account was $100 negative and he JUST GOT PAID!! WTF!? Come to find out he was promising over 1/2 his paycheck to his creditors every payday. That's all fine and good but make some kind of reasonable arrangement, don't promise money you don't have! So last night we go to the grocery store and have to buy him all this special food because his teeth are falling out, 42 years old and his teeth are falling out, I don't know what that's about. Anyway, I'm just tired of him being here. We have a room in the basement where he sleeps but our house is just a little 3 bedroom ranch, not big enough for an extra person to be living here for an extended period of time. I guess he plans on being out by June, I certainly hope so!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2954074;
    So my brother in law is staying with us right now. It's been about 2 months and he's worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned. Hubby didn't even consult me before making the offer for him to stay with us. But that's neither here nor there. To make a long story short his ex girlfriend left him along with about 4 months of unpaid bills, including the rent! All his utilites were getting shut off so that's when my husband offered for him to stay with us until he could get on his feet. He's asked to borrow money a couple of times which I find ridiculous especially since he's living rent free. I thought after 2 months he would have had a little money saved. He told my husband a week ago his bank account was $100 negative and he JUST GOT PAID!! WTF!? Come to find out he was promising over 1/2 his paycheck to his creditors every payday. That's all fine and good but make some kind of reasonable arrangement, don't promise money you don't have! So last night we go to the grocery store and have to buy him all this special food because his teeth are falling out, 42 years old and his teeth are falling out, I don't know what that's about. Anyway, I'm just tired of him being here. We have a room in the basement where he sleeps but our house is just a little 3 bedroom ranch, not big enough for an extra person to be living here for an extended period of time. I guess he plans on being out by June, I certainly hope so!

I may be way out of line here, but meth users frequently have no money and also have very, very bad dental problems.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Seems like you and hubby need to have a very frank chat alone and come up with a time table to get this freeloader out of your house. Let the BIL know he has a certain amount of time and then stick with it even if he doesn't have the money.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh no, it's not that, he's a police officer so there's no way he could get away with that! It's just that his girlfriend paid the bills for so many years he has no clue how to budget his money. Hubby and I both agree that June is plenty of time.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Well, thank God, your hubby agrees with you-that's usually 9/10ths of the battle! Try deep breathing and mai tais. I know we all usually try to help out people, the special food is what gets me. I must just be selfish.

Thanks famita, oh it gets me too, there's plenty here to eat it might just take a little effort to um, COOK! If he wants special food I think he should buy it himself.

+ Reply to Thread