+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2930461;
    I'm going to weigh in on the per diem thing. I don't know about the laws in other states, but as I understand it in Texas, you can only get per diem rates if you do not submit actual meal expenses for that day. So if you are entertaining clients for one day you don't want to claim per diem that day, since you can't do both. You want to save your actual receipts for all meals. It makes sense that the boss wants your husband to eat with them because it saves the company money, but he shouldn't have to be forced. Maybe he should talk to the finance manager or the accounting department at his company before his next trip. Then he can bow out of the forced meals and get his per diem on his expense reports.
    There isn't one. This is a small company. He hopefully will NOT be traveling much longer. Food Lion has caused his boss untold headaches associated with this project and when the current contract runs out, my husband's company is not renewing. I for one am glad. I hate him traveling. He hates it more than I do and it's been one constant problem after another involving the stores they are working in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Scoutmom, myrosiedog, ARC: thank you for your snowy wishes! I'm back to coats, boots, mitts and my snow shovels are waiting until there's enough to shovel! The fluffy snow is just so pretty if we get a lot of it. But it's not sunny out at all.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What a breathtaking picture misskitty! Is that outside your house? I could lose myself walking along a path like that. Amazing!
    Yup, with donuts!!

My current trouble is that I had to go to the ER tonight because I was having severe pain in one of my kidneys, which led to non-stop vomiting. Turns out I have a kidney stone and some gallstones and a kidney infection. I was in so much pain that it took two shots to make it go away. I really thought I was going to die before I knew what the problem was .

I had a c-section 22 years ago without having to go through real labor so I guess this is life's way of making sure I know what labor pains feel like! Anyway, I'm back home and can't go to bed yet because I promised the doctor I'd drink more fluids once I got home instead of staying in the hospital for the length of another IV bag. I really just wanted to come home to my own bed and my husband has to work in the morning and I wanted him to get to bed too.

My ER waiting room was not a pretty sight. I was hunched over a trash can in front of everyone with the dry heaves. Needless to say, they got me back there pretty quickly although it felt like an eternity.

I see a Urologist this week to find out more info. I thought my diet was well rounded with veggies and such. Hopefully I'll find out the cause and can remedy my lifestyle because I really hope to never have to go through this again!

Ouch! My husband had a kidney stone about six months ago and we had to make an early morning trip to the ER (at the hospital where he works). He was in horrific pain and we both thought he was on death's door. His Dr. suggested that he should drink a lot of water or water-based drinks and juices. A friend of mine (who has also had kidneystone probs) suggested lemonade or limeade (citric acid to dissolve the stone). I am not sure which "cure" worked best, but I sure do hope that you feel better soon.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Hope you feel better soon, Archiecomicfan! Kidney stones are no joke.

MRD

Archie,
    I have had one stone ages ago and I still remember it vividly, so my sympathies to you dear one. I hope you are well soon and never have to experience this again.

I also had gallbladder problems and had it removed, hope you don't have to go that route. Low fat diet helps immensely with gallbladder problems.

Drink lots of cranberry juice, the acidity keeps bacteria from building up in the urinary system. Don't know if it helps much with the stones.

Feel better soon. Your ER experience sounds horrible. But then again, is ANY ER experience pleasant? Glad they were able to help you though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Eek! I'm sorry, Archie, I hope you feel better.

My gripe is going to be small potatoes compared to the others, but here goes. Two weeks ago, I woke up with a combination of intense sinus pressure that made the roof of my mouth throb, and a sore throat, from which the pain extended into my ears whenever I swallowed. I wasn't sure if it was a virus, allergies, what, so I said I'd give it a few days, by which point I started feeling better and decided not to go to the doctor. Fast forward to Friday night/Saturday morning, and this thing is back with a vengeance, but this time, I also have a chest cough/chest congestion-- and what's worse, I had a tetanus shot on Thursday morning and my arm was still in pain. I had zero energy yesterday and it was so hard to lie on my bed all day, when it was gorgeous outside, but I just couldn't get up. I feel slightly better today, if only because some of the sinus pressure has morphed into nasal congestion, and my cough is a little more "productive" (sorry, gross, I realize), but my throat still hurts, and I think that even if I feel a little better tomorrow, I need to see the doctor anyway-- I am leaving for Peru in 19 days, and I don't need to deal with another bout of this before I leave or when I'm there.

I think it's time for more ginger ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2933111;
    I think it's time for more ginger ale.
    That's my cure-all drink when I'm feeling sick. Yes, do see a doctor. It's better to knock whatever it is out now then to let it keep flaring up on you. How exciting though to go to Peru!

myrosie and doxie I'm sorry about your experiences with kidney stones. I did some reading and mine might be infection related but I'll try not to self-diagnose (now that I'm in LPN school I do that a lot ) and will leave it to the professionals. Thank you for your well wishes brunette trixie. I'm feeling a little better.

The pain is now a dull pain and I can only take the pain pills today because I have school tomorrow and can't be driving on what they gave me. I think my stone is too big to pass on its own so I'll probably feel yucky until it's gone. I just ate but got full really quickly which is not normal for me . If can lose a few pounds over this then that would be a bonus!

This is what I see when I look out my window. Going to try and start the snowblower now. If I can get it down from the wall I hung it on.

I'll catch up on everyone's troubles when I return.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread