+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1769Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Yeah, and that's funny too. The insurance company is allowing for a rental car not to exceed so much (I forget how much). I told my husband it's going to be the smallest, cheapest car they can find. To picture him driving around in something like that after driving around in this huge diesel truck is just too funny for words! It will all work out. Things can always be worse.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2928607;
    Yeah, and that's funny too. The insurance company is allowing for a rental car not to exceed so much (I forget how much). I told my husband it's going to be the smallest, cheapest car they can find. To picture him driving around in something like that after driving around in this huge diesel truck is just too funny for words! It will all work out. Things can always be worse.
    It will probably be a rollerskate with doors.

I had a similar experience years ago and the rental car our insurance allowed was a Ford Aspire. My husband took one look at it and said: I guess it "aspires" to be a real car one day.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2927316;
    I'd be more than happy to sell my fibromyalgia symptoms on ebay. It's flared up again this week and this is probably one of the worst flareups, I've had in way over a year.
    I am seriously thinking that there is a huge connection to this and allergies. I've been doing some reading on the allergy connection and as much as I dread it, I am thinking on going on the diet that is reccomended and eliminating the stuff that the research says can be allergy related. It's pretty strict, but I also can't do much when I feel as badly as I have for the past 2 days. So it may be worth it in the long run. I have a call in to my dietician to see if we can explore more food allergy things and maybe get a different eating plan started.
    Why does this always hit when I'm floating along fairly well, being happy and feeling good?

Gut, hope your knee continues to improve. Don't overstress it with the gardening.
    MRD- A friend that I communicate with on another forum says her friend has fibromyalgia and she hasn't heard from her, and now she's kind of worried about her. I told her that it's so painful for her that she probably doesn't want to talk to anyone just rest. I just talked to hubby and he thinks that it's a good idea. I hope you feel better real soon.
    Well yesterday my Bronchitis acted up followed by a panic attack, and the embarassing thing was my parents were around when it happened. Thank God for my husband and my inhaler.

How scary! Any kind of a breathing problem scares me silly. I hope you're feeling better real soon, Shaybo.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2928707;
    MRD- A friend that I communicate with on another forum says her friend has fibromyalgia and she hasn't heard from her, and now she's kind of worried about her. I told her that it's so painful for her that she probably doesn't want to talk to anyone just rest. I just talked to hubby and he thinks that it's a good idea. I hope you feel better real soon.
    Well yesterday my Bronchitis acted up followed by a panic attack, and the embarassing thing was my parents were around when it happened. Thank God for my husband and my inhaler.
    Shay, hope you are better. Panic attacks are the worst and then coupled with not being able to breathe, oh my.
    I get panic attacks coupled with low blood sugar and then I start shaking like a junkie 3 days past their last fix. It's NOT pretty.
    I hope you're going to be ok.

When I get a really bad FM flareup, I tend to retreat. I dont' talk on the phone, I don't want to deal with people at all. Mine are accompanied by something called Fibro Fog which makes you feel like you are trying to think with no brain. The thinking process is like trying to walk in the deep end of the pool, very sloooowwww.
    Plus I feel so awful that I'm grumpy and tired and just don't feel very social at all. So its probably that her friend could feel the same way.

The closest thing I could describe it to nonFM sufferers is like having the worst case of the flu you've ever had, but without the congestion and fever. However, you feel achy (really painful, more like the truck me type of pain) and you feel like you have fever, but you don't.
    My eyes burn, my skin hurts, my muscles ache and my arms and legs feel like they weigh 1000 pounds each, so its hard to lift them or walk or anything. And I am really, really, really, really tired, but can't sleep.

I feel much better today, but on Wed., I kind of felt like I would die and sort of wished I would if that makes sense. It's a horrible feeling and you quite honestly want everyone just to leave you alone.

MRD I'm sorry you have to deal with FM. We had a neighbor who was disabled because of that and was discharged from the military. He was a really nice guy but like you would have flare ups and could barely walk. Mr buglover has many clients with FM since he works in the worker's comp field and will help them do things like take them to the grocery store when they have a flare up just to give him the list and money and wait while he picks all the groceries up for them. I hope you feel better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD- I've seen comercials for a drug called Lyrica. Have you tried that or is it so bad that you can't take the meds?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2929869;
    MRD- I've seen comercials for a drug called Lyrica. Have you tried that or is it so bad that you can't take the meds?
    I can't take it unfortunately. I have some really bad and weird side effects from a lot of medication (yeah, only me. I have heard too many times from doctors and health care professionals: "it did THAT? Wow, we've never seen/heard that before.")

I have been very fortunate that I have not had a bad flareup like this weeks in almost a year. I get small flares, but this one knocked me for a loop this week. I just took it easy and I feel much better. When the shower spray hitting your skin is agony, you know its bad.
    Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better and I'm taking it slow and easy like my dr. has reccomended. Plenty of rest and cut back on stress (ha! like that is easy).

I am able to take tylenol which helps some and mostly I take benedryl and sleep through the worst of it. Sleep is actually the best medicine of all for this.

I am exploring more diet changes. I am convinced that there is a relation between allergies (food, enviromental, etc.) and the FM. I went to a wine tasting on Tues. night and I decided that I am going to learn to like red wine, so I only tasted the reds. Well I woke up Wed. and was in a full blown flare. In doing some research, I read where red wine can really affect FM. So I actually did this to myself and now I have the excuse of "I can't drink red wine as it makes me sick", instead of "I don't like red wine". (Not that I'm a huge wine drinker)

I have FINALLY, FINALLY gotten the approval to go to the dietician, but have been a ping pong ball being batted back and forth between 2 dieticians as they decide which is the better one for me to see. I'm hoping to get in soon and see if we can come up with some solutions for this and for the hypoglycemia, etc.

I've felt SO good lately (months now) that I was really disappointed to feel so bad again. It seemed like things were finally settled on what my problems really were and were being addressed. But I've also had more sinus problems this year than in my LIFE and I have to wonder if those are not helping things. Apparantly "hay fever" affects it too.

Anyway, I have detoxed myself the past 2 days (well, if you can call eating microwave popcorn and gluten free toaster waffles for 2 days detoxing. I felt so rotten that I couldn't cook). But I did not eat anything on the "forbidden" list for 2 days and today I feel a lot better. I also drank a barrel full of water trying to flush things out as well.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on. Thanks all for the best wishes. There are other FM suffers here at the FORT. We've sort of formed our own little misery club, so think of them as well. We all have our good and bad days.

MRD I posted something in the alternative medicine thread regarding your FM. I have chronic muscle pain in my hands, elbow, neck and back so I know how much it hurts although my pain is nowhere near the pain that is associated with FM. I can move around and stretch to try to make it feel a bit better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm going to weigh in on the per diem thing. I don't know about the laws in other states, but as I understand it in Texas, you can only get per diem rates if you do not submit actual meal expenses for that day. So if you are entertaining clients for one day you don't want to claim per diem that day, since you can't do both. You want to save your actual receipts for all meals. It makes sense that the boss wants your husband to eat with them because it saves the company money, but he shouldn't have to be forced. Maybe he should talk to the finance manager or the accounting department at his company before his next trip. Then he can bow out of the forced meals and get his per diem on his expense reports.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread