+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 1190 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516561065061006 ... LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Actually Texi, there was something really good on our local news today regarding help for the elderly. Orange county (which is the better part of Orlando) has set up a team of workers that are going out to help the elderly get their home repairs done. I realize this is a thread about our problems, but it's a really bright light to see them out and about in news clips trying to help as much as possible. I also passed 3(!!) Meals on Wheels vans out today on the roads....honestly I don't think I've ever seen one around here before, but apparently they are doing their best to help out as well.

That's great to hear Libs I have lots of faith in help oriented organizations.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Angel boy

Many hugs and prayers go out to my friends at the FORT. I recently vented here (see "I'm sad" thread) and I was completely overwhelmed by all the kind words I received. There is definitely something to be said for the kindness of strangers. Coming to a place like the FORT is almost like escaping your problems, if only for a little while. And as someone else posted earlier, it really puts your own troubles into perspective when you hear someone else is having a harder time than you.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you, but especially those in Florida. Hold on tight and pray that Ivan the Terrible goes on out to sea!!

Charlotte
    America- love it or leave it!

This one lazy moron at work does nothing all day. He constantly stares off into space, slacks off and slows everything right down. He is suppose to get everything for me so nothing slows down, that is his job. But instead he goes off and no one knows where he is for 10-20 minutes at a time making me have to get everything which I have no clue where half the stuff is. Half the times it makes me look bad when it is not my fault. If everything is unorganized he is suppose to fix it up cause I have absolutely no time to do that. We are already swamped with work and on top of all of this he is up for a promotion and it looks like he has a very good shot at getting it. It blows my mind, I wanted to smack the kid over the head with a 2x4 today. It made my morning hell but finally everything slowed down and gave me time to do stuff... Thank you for letting me vent.

School started today, and I'm already having problems with my English homework. I don't know if it's just me, or if I don't think like/as well as other people do, but I have no idea how to answer the question I was assigned. It has something to do with a poem we read in class, so I can't ask anyone here for help, and the teacher gave everyone different questions (clever man, he is), so I can't ask my friends for help. Argh.

Thanks for making this thread, MSC.
    Gustav Holst was right!

FORT Fogey
    haej, is there any way you could get extra help from the teacher? At my school we have a tutorial period where you can go into a teacher's classroom and ask for help. If you don't have that, ask him if you can come in early one day. If you don't understand it, ask for help as soon as possible. The same type of problems may come up throughout the year, and if you don't know how to do it, you'll have the same troubles over and over.

to everyone.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Well, I filed for divorce on Tuesday. I'm hoping in the long run it takes care of my troubles. But, I know I'm in for a tough period during the divorce process.
    Oh, I had no idea you were headed this direction. I just got my "annulment" after six years, in June. It took us two years to get it done, and he's a lawyer! (obviously not a good one) It is a tough process - but my friends as the fort have been so supportive. Anytime I wanted to vent, whine, or bitch and moan, someone was always here to listen, and most importantly, listen.

I feel for you, please know that you have a lot of friends out here to turn to.

wow, 2 years. I hope it doesn't take that.

Several people have been very supportive during this from the FORT but I'm sure as I get further into this, I'll need it more.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Anytime I wanted to vent, whine, or bitch and moan, someone was always here to listen, and most importantly, listen.
    And we still put up with her doing it! J/K J.D. darling
    One good thing happened to me Nancy when I went through it...I lost 85 pounds in 6 months. That really pissed her off.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    And we still put up with her doing it! J/K J.D. darling
    One good thing happened to me Nancy when I went through it...I lost 85 pounds in 6 months. That really pissed her off.
    hey...now that is a bonus.
    actually yesterday for the first time in my life, I forgot to eat lunch. I was racing around all stressed out and normally I'm a huge stress eater. Well, for some reason, never ate lunch and never missed it yesterday.

I couldn't lose 85 pounds but I could lose 25.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread