+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2913114;
    Buglover - I hope you feel better soon. I had a hideous bout of flu or something a few weeks ago and I would not wish that on anyone! I spent three or four days observing "the thrones" in our house from floor level..... While I was hurling, I kept thinking about how we REALLY need to clean the bathroom floors more often.
    When I was in college, I worked for a cleaning servive. We were taught to sit on the toilet in customers homes to see what was most visible to them. From my experience, if a home smells good, people assume that it is clean!
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2913283;
    When I was in college, I worked for a cleaning servive. We were taught to sit on the toilet in customers homes to see what was most visible to them. From my experience, if a home smells good, people assume that it is clean!
    I was once on the board of Deacons in my church. Part of my duties was overseeing the housekeeping staff that cleaned all the church buildings. One day the ministers wife stops before services and says that she was feeling the back of the toilet tank and it was gritty and I needed to tell the janitor he had to clean that.

I wanted so badly to ask her WHY she was feeling the back of the tank (you know, the part that's against the WALL!!!!!), but I had to tell the janitor that he had to clean the backs of the tanks. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind. I felt like it at that point. I got complaints from all 300 church members about the cleanliness of the church buildings. I thought they were pretty darn clean, but you'd be amazed at the OCD people that belonged to our church.

That's why I was only on the board ONCE.

My trouble today is that I smacked my elbow against a doorjamb and now it hurts to bend it. Have you ever gone around trying to do anything without bending your elbow?

Speaking of, Gut, how's the knee???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It really doesn't bother me, but I'm still using a crutch. My appt. is on Monday at which point he will probably order an MRI, so still wait and see.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2913406;
    I was once on the board of Deacons in my church. Part of my duties was overseeing the housekeeping staff that cleaned all the church buildings. One day the ministers wife stops before services and says that she was feeling the back of the toilet tank and it was gritty and I needed to tell the janitor he had to clean that.

I wanted so badly to ask her WHY she was feeling the back of the tank (you know, the part that's against the WALL!!!!!), but I had to tell the janitor that he had to clean the backs of the tanks. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind. I felt like it at that point. I got complaints from all 300 church members about the cleanliness of the church buildings. I thought they were pretty darn clean, but you'd be amazed at the OCD people that belonged to our church.

That's why I was only on the board ONCE.

My trouble today is that I smacked my elbow against a doorjamb and now it hurts to bend it. Have you ever gone around trying to do anything without bending your elbow?

Speaking of, Gut, how's the knee???
    That is why I am glad I am not part of housekeeping myrosiedog. Everyone thinks they can clean better and point out every little thing.

Why would someone feel the back of the toilet tank? Did they hide a gun back there a la The Godfather?

Hope you're feeling better, buglover. Nothing is worse than being trapped in the throne room.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2913679;
    Why would someone feel the back of the toilet tank? Did they hide a gun back there a la The Godfather?

Hope you're feeling better, buglover. Nothing is worse than being trapped in the throne room.
    You know, if it wasn't a church, I would have said hiding drugs.

In 46 years, most of which have been using the plumbing, I have NEVER felt the need to feel the back of the toilet tank. And I haven't cleaned that part either. I'm guessing that maybe it could be pretty dirty, but then again, it's like a quarter inch from the wall, so how do you get your hand back there?

We had 300 church members and I swear I heard from ALL of them about something that wasn't clean enough. You cannot please even one person, I swear.

Gut, glad to hear the knee is getting better. Let's hope it continues to improve and you get a good dr. report on Mon.

My elbow is better, but has a nice bruise. I am such a klutz.

Thanks you guys. My son is feeling almost 100% now but I am still a bit weak. We went out today (96deg weather!!) and did some shopping. Right now I can barely keep my eyes open. We did go have lunch but I only got one half of a sandwich down before it came knocking on the back end if you know what I mean. I suppose it's good, I might lose a couple pounds and as long as I keep drinking liquids, I'll be better soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2914217;
    Thanks you guys. My son is feeling almost 100% now but I am still a bit weak. We went out today (96deg weather!!) and did some shopping. Right now I can barely keep my eyes open. We did go have lunch but I only got one half of a sandwich down before it came knocking on the back end if you know what I mean. I suppose it's good, I might lose a couple pounds and as long as I keep drinking liquids, I'll be better soon!
    I always say try to find the bright side.

Hope you are all better soon.

buglover: I hope your elbow feels better. Maybe eating some ice cream and jello will help?

Gutmutter: Good to hear you are making some progress. I hope the MRI shows what you want to see!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

buglover, I'm glad to hear that you guys are slowly feeling better. Way to stay positive throughout.

gut, keep up the great work of tending to yourself and getting healthy!

+ Reply to Thread