+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2019Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2903743;
    Tell your hubby to try Soy milk. I drink it because I can't drink milk it makes my tummy upset.
    He has soymilk and will drink it, he just thinks that if he gives it a few months, it will magically disappear and he can drink milk again. It just makes me !
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2903759;
    He has soymilk and will drink it, he just thinks that if he gives it a few months, it will magically disappear and he can drink milk again. It just makes me !
    Typical I know it will never go away

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2903759;
    That would be like saying after my blood pressure is ok fora few months on the little pills I won't need them anymore. If he likes soy milk maybe he could try a flavored one.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2903862;
    That would be like saying after my blood pressure is ok fora few months on the little pills I won't need them anymore. If he likes soy milk maybe he could try a flavored one.
    lol, he has the vanilla flavored one, says it's nothing like milk...blah blah... very stubborn but that's why I love him! When he secretly buys milk and I find it in the fridge, I make him drink a couple glasses. In 4 days when he finally feels better, he says he won't touch it again. (until the next time he gets a hankerin for milk that is!!)
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2900225;
    I hate when you have to exclude foods because of medication mrd! Especially if they are foods you like to have. Mr buglover cannot have milk products. He will cheat and have a cup of milk with cereal and whammo! His stomach is upset for 3 days. Good to hear you're feeling better.
    Has he tried the Lactaid milk (Or any no lactose brand)? That's what I have to get to avoid stomach upset. I can't stand the taste of soy milk.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Seriously he won't admit he has a problem that's why it is so funny!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I swear on Rice Dream rice milk. I get the vanilla enriched (with vitamins and calcium) and it is great. In fact my daughter has discovered how good it is on cereal and she is now using it instead of regular milk.
    I can use 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee and I can use milk to cook. I can eat other dairy, but I CANNOT have regular milk for some reason. MAJOR tummy upset.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well tomorrow is the day I get my mamogram and ultrasound done. I hate it when the squish my boobs it feels they're treating the twins like well like bread dough.

MRD: I know I like the frozen soy dessert that is in the freezers at the grocery store. Can you eat that?

My trouble today is that my e-mail provider isn't providing...well not to me anyway. At a particular time in the afternoon, you just can't log in and get your mail! It's frustrating because I was trying to bid on a Hello Kitty item and I wasn't getting updates. I can't believe how out-lof-touch I felt without getting my e-mail; even spam!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I've never tried the frozen soy ice cream. But when I found out I couldn't tolerate milk well, I tried the soy milk, rice milk and almond milk and I liked the rice milk better than the others. I have a really HARD time with soy milk because I think it smells funny and it's too thick. I drank skim milk for so long that the rice milk is thin like that so the consistancy is the same to me.

And my daughter was on Isomil soy formula for so long and that stuff stank to high heaven, that I think it's forever ruined me for soy milk products.

I tend not to eat a lot of any kind of ice cream, frozen yogurt, etc. as the sugar really upsets my tummy. I do cave in occasionally and get some, but then I end up paying for it. At least I think its the sugar. I was told by the dr. that did my gastric surgery that any sugar that is absorbed quickly (in drinks or ice cream) can really upset my tummy. Sugar in foods that doesn't get absorbed as quickly isn't a problem.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread