+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2899792;
    So I have an ongoing trouble. My son loves his father...that's a given. My son is 15 years old and since he was 3 has only spent 48 hours a month with his father. He doesn't call him, he doesn't really write to him...yet my son idolizes this man. I try to never bad mouth this man, that's for my son to figure out but I feel so compelled to tell him to just not feel his father will be there for him for anything. He has never taken an interest in his schooling, doesn't even know where the school is. It's my feeling that he only sees him because of the divorce agreement. I guess I just don't want my son hurt. He knows he can always count on me and that Mr buglover and I will always be there for him no matter what........I just feel so bad for him. Eventually he will figure out his father is not a father to anyone but his new children.

I knew at a young age my father would never be in my life. He walked away and never came back. I just have no idea how to explain to my teenage son without it seeming like I'm against his father.

Rant over. Thanks.
    It's inevitable with your son that he'll love his father. Regardless, that's HIS father. Always will be for better or worse until he figures it out. My brother's 22 and he still idolizes my rat-butt father. (As you can see I don't). I don't understand it, but I respect it. I on the other hand want nothing to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2900068;
    Well we figured out my tummy trouble. Apparantly if you take antacids everyday, you are NOT supposed to eat raw oysters. There is not enough stomach acid to neutralize the bacteria in the oysters. But man, they were SO good. But I guess they are now off my diet. (not that I ate them a lot, but everyone once in a while they are SO good).
    Ah that's too bad, but I'm glad you did enjoy them at the time! At least you got that. Hehe.

Gut you should absolutely NOT feel one ounce of bad. You did nothing wrong. Dan did. He should be helping out and not just trying. It's like he purposely messes up so he won't have to help or something. Don't let him get to you. It's not worth it. I'm proud of you for being stern with him.

MRD

Gut, don't feel bad. If he went to his room for the rest of the day, that's HIS problem not yours. You are on crutches, you aren't supposed to being doing the stairs or the laundry and by god, he CAN HELP OUT!

I agree with famita, don't buy the food and lock the cabinets. You are not a full service hotel, you are a home with a family and he's supposed to be part of the family and being part of a family means he has to help out. And when one member of the family becomes incapacitated for a short time, then the other members SHOULD pick up the slack until you are healed.

I'll give him a piece of my mind if you want.

You are NOT the maid, NOT the cook, NOT the laundress and NOT his personal servant. YOU are head of the household, not him.
    OK, is that stern enough for you?
    I'm just mad that he's taking advantage of your kind and generous nature especially now that you could use the extra help. And I hate that this is stressing you out when you need to concentrate on getting better.
    Big hugs, girl. I am meditating for you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You go, mrd! I love your post and agree wholeheartedly. Gut, listen to this woman she knows what she's talking about!

I am in total agreement Gutmutter. read and absorb.... Well it's not too long before the end of the year anyway is it?

I also agree with mrd! Just get better Gut!
    Yup, with donuts!!

You guys are so supportive. Thanks. I do feel bad, though. He was trying to help. I'm going to get him to help me with yard and garden work during April vacation. I had big plans that aren't going to get done with my knee injury. He won't actually be going back until mid-June. Here in Mass. we have Feb. vacation, April vacation (1 week each) and snow days that get tacked on to the end. So I have him 2 more months.
    Count your blessings!

Are you sure it's really trying to help or trying to help in such a way that makes him seem like it's more of a help if he does nothing? Kind of like that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray advises Robert to purposely mess up the wedding invitations.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2903552;
    Are you sure it's really trying to help or trying to help in such a way that makes him seem like it's more of a help if he does nothing? Kind of like that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray advises Robert to purposely mess up the wedding invitations.
    Oh don't get me started- that episode had me laughing so hard my sides ached. Hank 'N Pat...., attire optional, your presents requested.....

I really feel that Dan is just a "little prince" back home and gets waited on. I thin kdear Gutmutter posted something about his family way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2900225;
    I hate when you have to exclude foods because of medication mrd! Especially if they are foods you like to have. Mr buglover cannot have milk products. He will cheat and have a cup of milk with cereal and whammo! His stomach is upset for 3 days. Good to hear you're feeling better.
    Tell your hubby to try Soy milk. I drink it because I can't drink milk it makes my tummy upset.

Gut hope you feel better soon. I'm glad your dog is feeling better

+ Reply to Thread