+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

mrd, I'm sorry to hear about your tummy. I hope it's better by now?! How are you feeling? I'm also sorry your husband has to be out of town so much, but it looks like you've got a good balance of being rightfully upset and understanding of his earning a living. A very good way to view it, but it doesn't always make it easier.

gut, you've been really quiet on the Dan story front. Is this another ongoing incident or had he been getting better? From the sounds of it, he still sounds VERY inconsiderate of everyone but himself. At this rate, you have the patience of a saint. As does your entire family. I'd be freaking out on him even if it doesn't solve anything. I'd be so much less understanding by now because he's been here a while, he's still not being considerate. Oh Dan, grow up please!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you and here's hoping I find something for next year. Or that the budget cut doesn't get voted through.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

So I have an ongoing trouble. My son loves his father...that's a given. My son is 15 years old and since he was 3 has only spent 48 hours a month with his father. He doesn't call him, he doesn't really write to him...yet my son idolizes this man. I try to never bad mouth this man, that's for my son to figure out but I feel so compelled to tell him to just not feel his father will be there for him for anything. He has never taken an interest in his schooling, doesn't even know where the school is. It's my feeling that he only sees him because of the divorce agreement. I guess I just don't want my son hurt. He knows he can always count on me and that Mr buglover and I will always be there for him no matter what........I just feel so bad for him. Eventually he will figure out his father is not a father to anyone but his new children.

I knew at a young age my father would never be in my life. He walked away and never came back. I just have no idea how to explain to my teenage son without it seeming like I'm against his father.

Rant over. Thanks.
    Yup, with donuts!!

We are in very similar situations with our sons. My kids' dad goes in and out of their lives. He has never been around when they were sick, or in trouble. He has no idea who they're friends are. I was the one that got out there with a ball and glove because there was no dad around. Still, my son still worshipped the ground his dad walked on when he was younger. I think he felt that if he did that, his dad would come around more often. It's only been in the last couple of years that he's seeing the man for what he is. I didn't wish it on him but I knew that day was coming. After so many promises to him were broken, he realized that this guy is what he is and nothing he did was goimg to change that. Your son may never get to the point where he wants to see that but believe me, he knows that you're his rock and his "safe place to land".
    CYA

Thanks Bunny. With all of this I'm actually grateful my father just left and never came back.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Well we figured out my tummy trouble. Apparantly if you take antacids everyday, you are NOT supposed to eat raw oysters. There is not enough stomach acid to neutralize the bacteria in the oysters. But man, they were SO good. But I guess they are now off my diet. (not that I ate them a lot, but everyone once in a while they are SO good).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hate when you have to exclude foods because of medication mrd! Especially if they are foods you like to have. Mr buglover cannot have milk products. He will cheat and have a cup of milk with cereal and whammo! His stomach is upset for 3 days. Good to hear you're feeling better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2898612;
    gut, you've been really quiet on the Dan story front. Is this another ongoing incident or had he been getting better? From the sounds of it, he still sounds VERY inconsiderate of everyone but himself. At this rate, you have the patience of a saint. As does your entire family. I'd be freaking out on him even if it doesn't solve anything. I'd be so much less understanding by now because he's been here a while, he's still not being considerate. Oh Dan, grow up please!
    Well, I told him off a little when he finally woke up. I showed him the dirty (disgusting) pan and explained that Blue had wanted to use it but couldn't and he owed her an appology. Then I held up the empty wicker basket and asked if he remembered putting laundry in it out of the dryer while it was sitting in a puddle and he said yes. I asked what he thought would happen to laundry in a puddle in a wicker basket and explained that I had had to go down and wash it all again, even though I'm not supposed to be doing stairs at all. He went upstairs and didn't come down the rest of the day, so of course I feel bad now. I didn't yell, but I was stern and let him know that it affected me and the pan had ruined Blue's plans. I'm just tired and cranky. He was trying to help do laundry, so I should be grateful for that.
    Count your blessings!

No, you shouldn't feel bad at all, gut. He's old enough to know better. He's just lazy and a bit inconsiderate from the sounds of it. He should be asking what he can do to help YOU. You're the one who's giving him a place to live. And now with a physical limitation, he should be waiting on you hand and foot. (Well, that's just my two cents worth)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Gut, why isn't Dan helping out more? Is he homesick? Did he break both of his arms? I think I wouldn't mind coming over for a little visit and explain how reciprocal relationships work. I scratch your back and you scratch mine. If I continue to take from you, you're not going to buy me my favorite foods! If I don't clean the pan, you're going to buy locks for the cupboards so I can't get to the food and pots and pans. How much longer is he staying?

+ Reply to Thread