+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut, maybe it's nothing that a week or two in the Bahamas wouldn't cure. Just to give you an idea!

famita - If I was told that would work, I'd exercise my free stand-by privileges today.
    Count your blessings!

I've missed a lot it seems!

JLuvs: Dont' worry, the universe is just arranging to bring you an even better job opportunity! Hang in there!

Gutmutter: I'm sorry I missed that you hurt your knee! I hope it heals very soon and you're feeling better! Also glad that Taro is better!

My trouble is I woke up to a blizzard! And I wanna know....who let the penguins out!!??!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Tummy problems AGAIN and they are once again waking me up at n ight and keeping me up. ARGH!
    Ah, but I have ABSOLUTELY Nothing to do tomorrow, so if I do get back to sleep, I don't have to be up at a certain hour. But then again, tomorrow is hubby's last day home for 5 days. He's going to miss our daughter's birthday for the first time and she is upset.
    So far this year he has missed Valentine's Day, our anniversary and now her birthday. He got home late on his birthday and no guarantees he will be home for mine either. He hates it, but the job calls and the opportunity is too good to pass up and he won't be working out of town forever. Just seems like it.

I guess my troubles are not huge, but enough of an annoyance to be bothersome. Maybe we should have a bothersome thread.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2897846;
    Tummy problems AGAIN and they are once again waking me up at night and keeping me up. ARGH!...
    Go and get yourself to a Medical Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine (DTCM). You will be happy you did and your tummy troubles should be history!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I honestly think now it was something I ate last night. This is the first time in months I've had this problem and in thinking about it and thinking about last night. I am reasonably sure it was probably the oysters.
    My husband's friend that is moving here took us out for dinner last night and he insisted I eat some of his oysters on the half shell. (And they tasted so good) and I think today that is probably what has caused the problem.

Apparantly if you take antacids daily, you are to avoid the consumption of raw seafood, especially oysters. I did not know this, but have since found it out and I really think that is what happened to me last night.
    Last edited by MRD; 04-06-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2897846;
    Tummy problems AGAIN and they are once again waking me up at n ight and keeping me up. ARGH!
    Ah, but I have ABSOLUTELY Nothing to do tomorrow, so if I do get back to sleep, I don't have to be up at a certain hour. But then again, tomorrow is hubby's last day home for 5 days. He's going to miss our daughter's birthday for the first time and she is upset.
    So far this year he has missed Valentine's Day, our anniversary and now her birthday. He got home late on his birthday and no guarantees he will be home for mine either. He hates it, but the job calls and the opportunity is too good to pass up and he won't be working out of town forever. Just seems like it.

I guess my troubles are not huge, but enough of an annoyance to be bothersome. Maybe we should have a bothersome thread.
    that's what koffee klatsch is for I think, because didn't we have a few threads rolled into that one? As for your dear hubby and dad being out of town, take the Pollyanna approach and be glad that he is alive and in your life to be able to go out of town. I know it is hard not to have him around but please dear lady, stop knocking yourself around and stop counting the days he misses and enjoy the ones he doesn't.

edited to add: I hope this doesn't come across as snotty as it reads to me, I mean it all in a good way.
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-06-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: clarification

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2898015;
    that's what koffee klatsch is for I think, because didn't we have a few threads rolled into that one? As for your dear hubby and dad being out of town, take the Pollyanna approach and be glad that he is alive and in your life to be able to go out of town. I know it is hard not to have him around but please dear lady, stop knocking yourself around and stop counting the days he misses and enjoy the ones he doesn't.
    You are right dear man. I am thankful he's working, I'm thankful we've had a nice weekend. And the traveling is hard on him as well as me. It's only going to be for a few more months and then he will be home.

I would have never made it as a military wife with my husband gone for long periods. I am sure I will adjust to it. It's just be a really hard adjustment on me. We really are best friends and I do miss him so when he's gone. But I will try to make the best of it and not worry so much about what he's missed, but what he is doing to make all of our lives better in the long run.

Was there a pissed off thread rolled into Koffee Klatch? Cause it's a good thing there's no swearing allowed here or I'd make a fool of myself in this post. There has been a cheeping sound that I can't place and it was persistant this morning so I went down a few basement stairs because I located it that far and then it stopped. I was afraid it was something mechanical that might need fixed. Well, I never found the source (but since it stopped every time I went down, I'm guessing peepers or something) but I found that someone put a load of dry clean laundry in a wicker basket in the one big puddle left from the basement flooding. Both of my children swear it wasn't them which leaves Dan who is still asleep. He also didn't clean the skillet from his favorite eggs, tuna, and ketchup creation so my daughter couldn't make the meal she had planned before she had to go babysitting because I had started the ruined load of laundry again. So...!@*$@!!!#@$%!! Now I'm doing the laundry on crutches, I'm doing the dishes, I'll have to cook up all the ingredients she didn't use for her special meal, she's in a pissy mood, I'm in a pissy mood and Dan sleeps blissfully on.
    Count your blessings!

Honestly I wish I'd never suggested the combining of the threads because we lost something here.

+ Reply to Thread